Stoner's Desk

Retrograde

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a pic of a load of my WIP stuff. I've been getting loads of inspiration from all the great stuff posted here so I thought I'd throw some back into the mix.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f6c98a3e08.jpg

I'm going to have to be really brave soon and actually glue and paint some :P

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.0e2e95c9ae.jpg

Yeah, paint would probably net you a few more comments. As is though, the "pre-heresy" raptor-style jump pack is turning out pretty well, and some of the bolter modifications are pretty nice. The one in the lower right corner is probably my favourite, nice and subtle, but the Azrael-style bullpup combiplasma is nice too. I guess you'll have to modify an arm or two so that a marine can actually hold it, though.

Hello CardinalV, Thanks for the comment :P

Yeah the combiplasma is going to be real pain to equip. I'm going to have to remove part of the inner forearm for a marine to hold properly. I also want it held 2 handed so the other hand has to somehow miss the plasma coils.

I'm glad you like the other bolter. It was really just an afterthought once I'd made the support version above but I ended up liking it more. I used cut down meltaguns for the grips on those two so sadly I can't afford to make too many more. I must learn to cast :lol:

Looks awesome! Your modeling skill is great! I love the jump packs, but I wish they had done the control flaps around the inlet at the bottom. They make no sense where they are. You want to vector the thrust, not the inlet air!

The combi-weapons and such are excellent too!

Thanks a lot FenrisWolf :lol:

I'm not sure those flaps are there to regulate the inlet. Due to the way they're mounted I think they may represent some sort of air break. Well that's what I'm going to try to believe anyway. They do add a bit of character to the jets and I don't know if I can be bothered to remove them.

Archived