DC Tycho

Lestat

After buying a second Sanguinary Guard box, I decided to work on some BA characters - namely Tycho. I was disappointed that GW didn't do any new sculpts for the old characters so I decided to have a go at some of my own. Tycho was always too static for my liking. The fluff pictures always show him as charging into battle and the hand-on-hip pose just looks a little too camp.

Well heres the pics. It's my first go at attempting to re-sculpt part of a face and it's maybe not the best in the world.

gallery_36289_4629_623529.jpg

gallery_36289_4629_1039108.jpg

gallery_36289_4629_1790647.jpg

gallery_36289_4629_412513.jpg

I've tried to include as many fluff details as I can on the model - the Iron Halo, the Ork skull and the Death Company saltires. Oh, and the BFG!

So folks, let me know what you think. As Always, any C&C is more than welcome.

Lestat

I think you need a bit more stuff on the facemask but apart from that it's a good model

Thanks. What would you suggest to add to the mask?

I think you need a bit more stuff on the facemask but apart from that it's a good model

how about sculpting a rolled egde on it? it's used on armour all the time;)

Maybe adding something that resembles a mask? At the moment it just looks like you've melted the plastic face and left it. To be honest it would be cooler if you left the mask off and just did some sculpting and cutting to turn it into Tycho's rictus grin wound over which he wore the mask, but just ripped off as the black rage consumed him.

how about sculpting a rolled egde on it? it's used on armour all the time;)

You mean a bit like the edges used on the Sanguinary Guard models - on the lower arm and legs specificaly?

Maybe adding something that resembles a mask? At the moment it just looks like you've melted the plastic face and left it. To be honest it would be cooler if you left the mask off and just did some sculpting and cutting to turn it into Tycho's rictus grin wound over which he wore the mask, but just ripped off as the black rage consumed him.

The modelling putty I have used is grey and in the pics it does tend to look like a melted face. Maybe it will look better painted up.

Looks awesome to me, I love that running pose.

Many thanks!

Archived