Daemon Prince with Jet Pack

ntgcleaner

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back From a long trip and getting married! I will finish this guy up very shortly and will post pics hopefully within the week. Thank you again!

and BTW, If anyone wanted to argue with me about them, and I mean really argue the point, I would let everyone know that I would be leaving the competition because this certain player has a problem with the way this guy is modeled. I have plenty of other things that I could be doing.

Of course, this is a very extreme case and also if the conditions are right. If I were in an arguing players shoes, I would be more afraid of my image to the immediate gaming community and I know discouraging players from actually playing the game (by arguing, or beating them so badly when their new, etc...) is definitely looked down upon. At least, where I am.

I'd most definatley let you play with him. Just for the simple fact that you spent all that time converting and painting. If someone can't appreciate the art that comes with playing/hobbying then they shouldn't be playing. period. Looks great by the way. Great job on the GS can't wait to see it finished.

• 2 months later...

That's one amazing disciple of Nurgle!! With regards to the WYSIWYG Nazi's the fact that thet're nit-picking just shows you've got them worried. A small set of tiny sculpted wings on the heels (ok borrowed from greek mythology) would shut their traps or if you get a decent opponent a tiny can of Red Bull and let them figure it out!!!

Keep up the good work

It'd be unwise to paint the Marine underfoot in any chapter specific colours, especially those of the Smurfs, it'd draw attention away from the awsome Daemon Prince.

Though playing against a Smurf player would be intresting :lol:

In three words: epic win sauce.

In frendly games and store games I don't see it being a problem BUT if you go to a Tourney IT WILL for tourney they MUST (no counts as) be WINGS theres a GW faq about it.

i cant find anywhere in the errate/faq area saying you must model your daemon princes with wings. further more only in the chaos space marines codex does it actually have the option of "wings" where as the codex daemons says "daemonic Flight". they both give the description of moving exactly like jump infantry.

imo if you expect to play with beardy people that will complain about it i would paint a small hand flipping the middle finger up and thell them to look more closely at how your model is made if they start to cry about it.

i think its awesome man keep up the great work.

I agree with Debauchery101. I've never read anything that would speak against using a jump pack as wings, which count as a jump pack, but have a different name. I don't really get the point of it: why would GW include the same equipment twice, but use different names?

Just use it and never mind.

It doesn't give you any advantage, as the bulk of this thingy is quite similar to that of medium-sized wings.

Or make a second daemon prince folding his wings like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2156/1931479143_11a394c0d9.jpg

... It's a shame what competetive tournament jerks are willing to do to the hobby.

It's a game about toy soldiers - so who cares? Don't play tournaments if you think every detail gives your enemy an advantage... oO

Ooookay. Enough grumbling.

You jump pack daemon is quite a rarity, especially as very few guys prefer machines over wings. I've seen some Iron Warriors DPs using mechanic wings... Which is kinda crappy, to my mind.

Conversions like this are what makes the hobby worth spending so much time for it.

Wow, again, thank you for the great compliments! You guys are awesome!

Here's the final product... Again, I am more of a modeler, not much of a painter. I think later on, I will repaint this guy or just give him better details. I didn't know how to do the jump pack... so it's just a generic color.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/45917/2298357180068943964S425x425Q85.jpg

aaaand the dramatic shot.

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/45169/2880463210068943964S425x425Q85.jpg

These pics were both taken with my Droid Incredible... not to advertise for them, but they cram a lot of detail into that little camera.

Any suggestions on the jump pack?

The fact that you have spent alot of time into the model should clrify that it has wings. If people disagree, model a can of Red Bull being offered to him by the trampled marine. For those who don't know - "Red Bull gives you wings"

Really cool. Glad to see it finally finished. The head perhaps disappears amongst the high shoulders and the jetpack; but that could easily be remedied by picking it out with a bit of special attention with the painting...

EDIT: or it could just be the angle of the shots. I can't be sure.

no, you're right, it gets lost. I think I will try to make it look like the rest of my plague marines with light brown heads and green bodies. I just have to find some more time to get back onto this model...

Archived