Kor'sarro Khan

Shatterboom

Here is my Kor'sarro Khan which I just finished painting. White still gives me troubles, so if anyone has tips or tricks that they have found I would love to hear them

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4bc25a0d676f5.jpg

Below is a link to its Cool Mini or Not page if you wish to rate it.

Khan

As far as I understand, the best way to achieve a smooth, balanced white - not that I wouldn't say you had one there already - is to work up, in Layers, from a Blue-Grey Tone, which adds depth to the final White. I remember seeing one around the Tutorials Section yesterday; hold on, I'll go have a look for you. *Minutes Later* Well, it's not the one I had in mind, but there's an FAQ Topic on Painting White! Click 'FAQ Topic on Painting White' to go there, if that's of any help.

Thanks for the replies and the info. For this white I started with white primer. Then I washed the model with a light wash of brown-red. After that I used some fortress gray + some white + a tiny tiny amount of the red I used for the wash for a base coat, leaving just some of the red in the seams of the model. Finally I did a couple light coats of pure white for the highlights.

Archived