Raider Rush army builds

minigun762

Page 92, Daemon Princes

Page 97, plague marines

Page 98, Khorne Berzerkers

Page 100, Obliterator Cult.

Page 96, Rhino transport :P

Nothing else is worth taking, ever, even if you like having fun other entries are not as good as those mentioned above, thus not optimal for play.

I'm not making personal attacks, or even pointing fingers. But we are witnessing the slow degradation of the chaos community.

You are making it worse by doing things like this. Nobody said something along these lines. Of course things get heated up when someone (not pointing fingers) starts making claims about effectiveness which are arguably just not true. What's wrong with a discussion?

Also Miniguns questions are answered too, I dont see any problem.

To add some more constructism so I dont go completely off-topic:

I dont think this is what you are looking for Minigun. You are looking for something less cookie-cutter; well I think you will get bored very quickly with a LR build. Its a very straightforward unit to use + your oponent cant do many different things to deal with it. The build kinda tends to play itself. I played a while with multiple LR's and I personally found those very boring games. I think including 1 Land Raider is more fun/flexible and it makes it possible to play the build in more different ways. 1 Land Raider is also not as bad as many people want to do believe: yes it can get blown up quickly, but its also a less big part of your force + 1 land raider is more easily protected than multiples. (terrain + other units can increase its survivabitly considerably). I even played a 1500 points tourney once with 1 Land Raider in it, was pretty fun and not too bad either I think. But whats interesting is for each person different of course.

I dont know if you are planning on buying LR's or already own, but I advice proxying/borrowing some LR's first and play some games with it, but you know this well enough yourself probably.

I dont think this is what you are looking for Minigun. You are looking for something less cookie-cutter; well I think you will get bored very quickly with a LR build. Its a very straightforward unit to use + your oponent cant do many different things to deal with it. The build kinda tends to play itself. I played a while with multiple LR's and I personally found those very boring games.

Well in the end, I think that how I imagine playing this army isn't going to work with the Chaos Raiders.

The rough idea I had in my head was to build the army almost like naval ships with the Land Raiders functioning as a cross between a battleship (long range fire support) and a carrier (carrying its own protective screen of "fighters") then adding in some other elements to approximate Cruisers, Destroyers etc.

The funny thing is, I think I could do something like that with Codex Marines because you have better Raiders, more options and units like sane Dreads and Speeders to fulfil the other roles.

You are making it worse by doing things like this. Nobody said something along these lines. Of course things get heated up when someone (not pointing fingers) starts making claims about effectiveness which are arguably just not true. What's wrong with a discussion?

Nothing is wrong with discussions, they simply stopped happening a while ago. Take a look on 99% of the tactic list building on this site. There's a heavy trend in 'don't do this' statements that really don't help anyone.

Instead of 'Try this, here are my experiences',

it turned into

'Don't do it, it's not top tier, why would you want to'

Ugh, i'm tired of this. Topic sounds like it's back on track.

Don't discount deamonic possession on a couple of LRs.

Don't discount reserves.

I play mine pretty standard turn 1-2 hide/snipe with las. 3-4 rush with zerks. I played two in hard boys for redundancy and nothing really changed.

Well in the end, I think that how I imagine playing this army isn't going to work with the Chaos Raiders.

The rough idea I had in my head was to build the army almost like naval ships with the Land Raiders functioning as a cross between a battleship (long range fire support) and a carrier (carrying its own protective screen of "fighters") then adding in some other elements to approximate Cruisers, Destroyers etc.

The funny thing is, I think I could do something like that with Codex Marines because you have better Raiders, more options and units like sane Dreads and Speeders to fulfil the other roles.

Ah yes I think I know what kinda playstyle you are looking for. I almost started something close to that a while ago. I wanted to try it with indeed an SM Land Raider with Tactical Terminators (storm bolters + cyclone) in it as part of that build (it was gonna be some kind of Water Warrior'ish Kantor build). Yeah its a shame, but chaos really cant do that I think. At least not in an interesting way (not even talking about effectiveness). Our codex really sucks a lot eh :sweat:

Archived