Marines around the world!

I'd like to challenge everyone to share pictures of their marines together with famous landmarks!

Greetings to BaC from the opposite side of Terra!

Is it okay if we have a not-so-famous landmark in our picture? I don't really live near anything interesting.

Yes, sure, go for it! As long as it's not a really random tree in the middle of nowhere or something (unless that tree has some kind of history).

And a short description would be nice, that way we can have fun and LEARN SOMETHING, WOW!!

Can you photoshop your marine into a picture?

No, not really, I was thinking about "really been there" pics.

I'm apologizing that my first pictures are actually pretty bad, but the weather wasn't too nice,

and my camera is pretty old.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/DoomedDiceThrower/Games%20Workshop/Wall%20Marine/DSCI3680.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/DoomedDiceThrower/Games%20Workshop/Wall%20Marine/DSCI3679.jpg

I know it should have been a White Scar, kind of a missed opportunity.

This is actually going to be pretty cool :) Living in X country you can sometimes forget that GW is world-wide...

Still, unfortunately i can't post a pic... because i live in Manchester (UK), no famous land-marks here ;D still... it's an excuse to ask my parents to take me on holiday to France/Italy so i can stand on the Eiffel tower or Mount Vesuvius and take a pic of a marine

...Also, what would you have done if you dropped that Ultra? :P

Manchester Town Hall is very nice too. Urbis looks cool, there's opportunity to have shots of Whitworth Hall.

There's not much in Manchester that is world famous, but there are still a lot of interesting land-marks, including our football stadiums.

And the airport xD

Whats more famous to the world than Old Trafford?! Get up a pic! Even if your not a Man U fan but are a City fan, we don't care we want pics ;)

If he's from Manchester he is almost certainly a city fan, and as such wouldn't give a sheikh! :)

Anyways this should be a good thread!

Great to see all this enthusiasm! I understand that it takes some time first, hope to see some results these next few weeks.

Well, there's nothing in Kenya that really qualifies for this... Maybe a picture of a Space Marine in front of the local Java House...

Kenya! Wow that's cool. Don't you have some impressive natural landscape down there? Would be awesome to see it!

Great to see all this enthusiasm! I understand that it takes some time first, hope to see some results these next few weeks.

Well, there's nothing in Kenya that really qualifies for this... Maybe a picture of a Space Marine in front of the local Java House...

Kenya! Wow that's cool. Don't you have some impressive natural landscape down there? Would be awesome to see it!

At the very least you can travel on foot, illegally cross the border into Tanzania and climb Mount Kilimanjaro and take a pit on the summit.... or if you happen to ever go within view of it while in Kenya you could just take a picture :< but the walking there on foot thing was more epic.

I could take a picture of the longest pleasure pier in the world in the near future (look it up on Wikipedia if you dont know where it is)...

A Space Marine on Southend-On-Sea Pier, just watch out with that Flamer!

Hahaha. Its why i dont have any flamers in my army - well except for the AoBR one...Question is, did you know it was Southend On Sea without looking it up :s

I could take a picture of the longest pleasure pier in the world in the near future (look it up on Wikipedia if you dont know where it is)...

Hahaha. Its why i dont have any flamers in my army - well except for the AoBR one...Question is, did you know it was Southend On Sea without looking it up :s

Of course I did! I come from Wickford.

If I ever go up Cairngorm again, I'll try and sneak a marine along for the ride too :lol:

James

That would be cool. Especially with a spacewolf on a snow covered base. If you can't be arsed going up there just take a pic of one at Mambo's or the Winking Owl.

Nice to see so many people from Manchester. I'd go with the town hall it's suitably gothic.

Of course I did! I come from Wickford.

I'm a little closer- Westcliff :P

Archived