Using an IC as the lone based model for CC...

ShinyRhino

This situation came up in a game yesterday. I had assaulted a unit of Boyz with my Bike Squad, with attached Captain. the assault range was very close, and only the Captain was able to make base contact with the Orks. The rest of the squad hugged onto the Cap's base, but were about a quarter inch from basing the only model I touched with the Cap.

The ork player claimed that only my captain could attack, as I could not use the Cap to measure 2" range from a based model for CC attacks. I told him he was nuts.

We never resolved this, as a third party walked over and asked us why the rest of the Orks hadn't piled into my squad with their Pile in move, since they could have easily reached the bikers. (The ork player had left them about .2 inches out of B2B with my bikers). The Ork player relented, pushed the model to B2B with my Sergeant, and I swung away.

But, let's say I had attacked a single-model unit. Only the Cap cam make B@B, but all the rest of his attached squad is within 2" of HIS base. Can the squad attack the lone model?

But as said, the enemy unit does have to close to B2B with the entire unit, so this situation will be very rare!

True. Most likely it would happen when charging a unit that is already engaged, so they enemy can't react to the charge.

But as said, the enemy unit does have to close to B2B with the entire unit, so this situation will be very rare!

True. Most likely it would happen when charging a unit that is already engaged, so they enemy can't react to the charge.

Or a single model (Dread, MC, etc.)

But, let's say I had attacked a single-model unit. Only the Cap cam make B@B, but all the rest of his attached squad is within 2" of HIS base. Can the squad attack the lone model?

no, the IC is a seperate unit for purposes of CC right up untill the "determine results" step. This is why an IC can be targeted seperately by enemy models in btb with it (or when not btb with any enemy models but within 2" of an model from the same unit that is in btb with the IC)

Archived