Renegade Space Marine Pirates!

Einheri

I'd like to make an army of Space Marines and other Imperials (and others) that have recently defected from the Imperium. I'll make squad leaders have typical Chaos markings - as a veteran of Chaos. For example I'd like a Khorne Berzerker squad made up of SW Blood Claws and BA Deathwing led by a typical World Eater aspiring champion (maybe with a couple of regular 'zerkers thrown in too). In standard squads i'd like markings from a diverse array of armies - both chaos and loyalist; imagine Space Marines from the Black Templars, Iron Hands and Salamanders fighting in the same squad alongside Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Black Legion. The pintle weapons of vehicles could be manned by rogue Sisters of Battle. BS3 Defilers could be manned by possessed Imperial Guard tank commanders. My possessed could . . . Grey Knights (just for the lulz)! I'd like to use the Demon Huntress Inquisitor model as a turned Demon Princess and a second standard model Demon Prince painted in smurf colours. Maybe as Lesser Demons I could model possessed Imperial Guard, Tau, Eldar, or even orks?

What I was wondering was how I should model these recent betrayers. I've thought about using regular space marines with a few Chaosy bits on (spikes, skulls, trophy racks, the odd chaos shoulderpad/pack/helmet/weapon) or whether i should just paint a regular CSM model in space marine colours to show how they have been changed as they have been exposed to chaos? I'd like SM symbols to be defiled - such as an Imperial Fist symbol that has been partially scaped off to show the metal underneath, or a Ravenwing badge that has had the symbol of Slaanesh painted over it, or as an homage to the old style Red Corsairs I could paint red lines across Imperial symbols. How would you do it?

Any ideas? Thoughts? Criticisms? Comments? Thanks.

Archived