Drop Pods

Hellrider21

I was wondering if the Drop Pod counts as moving when it enters the game (which I imagine it would) and if so does that mean that firing heavy weps the turn you come in can't be done. Also, does that mean you can rapid fire? IE drop pod in sternguard and have them rapid fire combi-plasma shots.

Vehicles that deep strike count as having moved at cruising speed. (pg 95 BRB) However, I think Drop pods have some special rules that you will want to reference in your Codex that I think allow them to fire. I only have the Templar codex and I know they have changed some of the rules around.

The Sterngaurd disembark from the drop pod after it has moved so count as moving. Hence they are still able to run or rapidfire. They are not able to assault due to the rules for deepstriking.

Mordekiem is correct. if i recal only the black templar have a rule that lets the drop pod itself fire when it lands (power of the machine spirit), no other drop pods may fire the turn they land as drop pods are not fast vehicles. The occupants count as having deep struk, hence count as moving and no assault.

Archived