Command Squads

Icewolf

If its the same as honour guard in c:BA then no.

once you upgrade to a company champion (or blood champion in this case) you are no longer a vet, your a champion and have a different stat line and entry. you would also not have the bolt pistol/combat weapon needed to exchange for further gear as a champion is armed with combat shield and power weapon.

Actually when he's upgraded it doesn't say he exchanges his wargear, all it says is "One Veteran may be upgraded to a Company Champion with a power weapon and combat shield." So he keeps his wargear AND has those weapons, but I was still wondering if he could since the Veteran got upgraded (the difference is the CC is an upgrade but the Apothecary isn't).

i checked in my marine codex, and its worded the same as blood angels. when you upgrade them they becoem a company champion, different name and stat line. only vets can upgrade their weaponry, a company champion like an apothecary has thier set wargear and is seperate from a veteran.

if you want the company champions special rules then upgrade them to a champion, if you want them to have specific wargear then leave them as a vet, you unfortunately cannot have both.

I agree above only because the "Veteran" is changed to be a new unit: the Company Champion. This unit has its own stats separate from the Veteran. As "Veterans" have options, then only "Veterans" get those options.

:)

Archived