mixxed units

Demoulius

hello guys,

a question arose a week ago when i was palying a friend of mine. he had abike mounted command squad joined by a jumppack equiped chaplain and captain. since bikes dont roll for difficult terrain but the characters do we thought it worked like that but it arose for other things as well...

he moved his bikes to claim his cover save but since his jump packers couldonly move 12 inches he made a little chain to keep coherency and still claim the save. when shot at we played that the majority got a cover save so the entire unit would.

when charging (and moving) in and out of terrain we made them all take dangerous terrain test but only the bikes took dangerous terrain tests when charging.

when shooting at the unit we rolled all for T5 since they were the majority.

did we play this all out correctly? it was somewhat confusing all.

you must move at the speed of the slowest, as the jump pack models cannot turbo boost (a USR granted by bikes/jetbikes) then the entire unit would be unable to trbo boost.

yeah i would have worked it the way you did for terrain, when moving through (the 12" move) you roll a dangerous terrain test for all models in the unit. when assaulting you roll 2D6 (for the walking chaplain) and a dangerous terrain test for the bikes.

when shooting at the unit they would be T5 as the majority of the models are t5.

Archived