Master of the Forge, with Beamer, on foot WIP

ShinyRhino

Looks good, you've now inspired me to make my conversion beamer in a similar way. I'm going to use the assault cannon from the DA upgrade kit as the base tho, got an idea using parts from a devestator lascannon and the little radar dishes from rhinos... I am tempted to try wrapping the wire like you have but I dont think I could get it neat enough to look good. Look forward to seeing this finished :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like him a lot for all the bitz scavenge especially..

The paint is good too as I've seen in HOH..

just think the beamer is far tooo big and I suppose heavy even for a standard marine..

I might be wrong sice perspective from your pic pov may be tricky..

if not, I'd suggest to add some extra servos at his arms to make it more real..and techy too! :sweat:

I'm sure with your skill you could add bitz on the outside without ruining the actual work.

just my 2 cents.. :)

I was like: nice design. Then i saw the sterotypical barrel end and then I went: ruined. person opinion on the design there.

As for making him on foot: +1 for it, like me you don't have th image of this dude driving around. My conversion beamer is alot more compact than yours though. I took the power fist from the assault squad box, put a space marine transmitter dish on top and bottom of it, hole filled with blu-tac best I could, put an only heavy flamer nozzle on it (and I mean the only on, the one that looks like mushrooms) and added a space marine bikers screen to the side to close the gaps on the inside off where the dishes missed. Painted it and by miricle was able to pull off a targetting screen that has constant screen refresh and fading target bleeeps.

I do like your design idea however, looks like it can do damage. But I never EVER liked the christmas tree barrel ends, looks so darn silly. Regardless, very good model and you are gaining extra points for not going with what everyone does: biker mice from mars!

Archived