I have my List... Now I need help!

captain sox

Hey eveyone!

Thanks to eveyone who helped me tweak my Scout list.

Here's what I've decided to field in a 1000 pt fun tourney.

Chapter Master: Combi-Plasma, Powersword -150 pts

Scouts 1 : 10 Scouts, 1 Missile Launcher - 150 pts

Scouts 2 : 9 CC Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Flamer - 150 pts

Scouts 3 : 5 Scouts, 1 with Missile Launcher - 85 pts

Scouts 4 : 5 Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Flamer (to ride in Storm) - 85 pts

Scouts 5 : 5 Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Melta and Melta Bombs - 90 pts (the tank killah!)

Land Speeder Storm with Heavy Flamer - 60 pts

5 Terminators, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher - 230

I'll be fighting any of these: Eldar, Marines, Nids, Tau, Guard or Orks.

Normally I'd try to figure out how to run an army like this on my own, but I have ZERO experience with Speeders and only 3 games of experience with scouts, and they were only snipers, who really didn't move. With so many different options and rules for this army, I need some guidance. I really wanted to make a list like this because I think it would be fun, and the guys in my playing circle are excited to see it on the table. My main concens are what to keep in reserve, and where to deploy my units. Our games are usually terrain heavy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chapter Master: Combi-Plasma, Powersword -150 pts

a good soild leader, i dropped using standard masters/captains a while back but the OB is always fun.. since your using a combi-weapon and wont get the +1A why not arm him with a relic blade?

btw which unit does he go with?

Scouts 2 : 9 CC Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Flamer - 150 pts

My fave unit.. although if your playing any armies with 4+ save or better a PW or PF is almost a necessity, the best partner for that combi-flamer is a fist

Scouts 4 : 5 Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Flamer (to ride in Storm) - 85 pts

Land Speeder Storm with Heavy Flamer - 60 pts

NICE !!!!!!!!!

Scouts 5 : 5 Scouts, Sergeant with Combi-Melta and Melta Bombs - 90 pts (the tank killah!)

Very good at what they do, however these boys need a ride, a MM LSS makes this unit as effective as 3 MM attack bikes at close range. Without it its hit or miss as to whether they will survive long enough to do thier job, they certainly wont get auto-hits with meltabombs

5 Terminators, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher - 230

You could drop these get another LSS, some scout bikes and extra wargear to make your boys more dangerous

Normally I'd try to figure out how to run an army like this on my own, but I have ZERO experience with Speeders and only 3 games of experience with scouts, and they were only snipers, who really didn't move. With so many different options and rules for this army, I need some guidance. I really wanted to make a list like this because I think it would be fun, and the guys in my playing circle are excited to see it on the table. My main concens are what to keep in reserve, and where to deploy my units. Our games are usually terrain heavy.

Yull have to come to an Ultra-meet, id be happy to show you how to use a scout army.. the learning curve is alot more in depth than with standard SMs.. have a look through my sig for some pointers.. ill be happy to answer any pms.

Hey GC!

Thanks for your replies. The reason for the Terminators is to cause a distration, while the scouts do their thing. I could add a second speeder, but that would only leave me with 2 10 man squads... but it could make room for a power fist or power weapon, even a teleport homer to ensure the big boys arrive where I want them.

At 1000 pts I know I'm going to face some interesting compettition... but I really like the idea of the new recruits sneaking around, discovering the enemy, engaging them, then calling in the big boys.

If you were to make a 1000 pt list, what would it look like?

PS - We've PM'd a few times, and your advice is great! Thanks. I'd also like to come to one of your meets, however I live in Canada, and don't have plans to visit England anytime in the near future...

cheers!

If you don't want to shell out points for a relic blade, a lightning claw would also not need the offhand pistol bonus to be effective. The single claw would net you the same power weapon effect, but with rerolls to wound, which you need if you don't have the +1 bonus. It also helps vs moderate/high T targets, of course. Best thing is that it costs no extra points over the power weapon.

I would also suggest a combi melta instead of a plas, yes the plas is great to rapidfire into a target, but you can't assault after. The combi melta would cost you all of one high strength shot to gain the ability to assault and it would give you another melta shot(which a scout army needs), only at BS5(hooray!).

I'm also going to echo GC's suggestion to give the CC scout sarge a fist.

Archived