SB's Iron Warriors

Ok first of all.. you have inspired me to completely strip my iron warrior army and start all over....

So I have a question for you. Hazard stripes... Are you penciling them on the shoulder pads then painting them? What colors are you using? Yellow to black or black to yellow?

I must know because your hazard stripes are BEAUTIFUL!

I use a sort of the same tactic you do for painting them except for one thing.. I take the lazy man's way to prime... Army Painter Plate Mail primer....

Nice and shinny. Goes on nice, leaves details, then i go over it once with a VERY light boltgun metal wash.. then i paint the shoulderguards black and the trim with valajo old gold. Dab a bit of mechrite red into the eyes. Wash the entire thing over with two light coats of badab black. it leaves them looking shinny with the details filled in nicely.

Top notch paintjob on your DP! Love the way it turned out, does this sweetie have a name yet?

Great conversion work on your autocannons there, simple and effective! I'm pretty sure there are some left-over guard heavies lying in my bits somewhere (heh, heh :D ).

It's incredible to see how fast the quality of your work is picking up. When roaming through some early threads compared with more current work it's seems to get better and better.

Good luck @ your university, hope you will find time to show us more.

@Requiemnex Hazard stripes are painted with extreme patience, practice and not being tired. I've tried, trial/error my way roughly throug all of my models (still). Hmmff, who said Iron Warriors are easy to paint.

Cheers,

Vandael

Serious vandael. I am having a heck of a time and I want the worn look too so I am not sure if I should apply a REALLY light wash over it to give it sort of a dull look or if I should just use darker yellow like a really light brown and iyanden darksun.

I play a xeno army as well and have used scotch tape on their jetbikes to make even strait lines but this is a bit different considering most of the places we put these lines are VERY small.

thansk for all the comments guys :lol:

hazards just take time and patience, practice and being awake, as vandeal said. practice on spare bits of sprue to get better. i use a mix of golden yellow and skull white then paint the black over the top. do chips by dry brushing tiny parts of the hazarded area. thats followed up with badab black wash.

i should have an update later tonight or tomorrow, unfortunatly im stuck in with a torn hamstring after football trials, oh well more warhammer done

Archived