SB's Iron Warriors

2nd may update.

thanks loken, i apolagise for making you buy more stuff ;)

thanks for ideas guys but i was way ahead of you, i meant to post this update before i left but it didnt load so im doing it after a night out. though the marines seems an interesting prospect... so ill hand over to me 6 hours ago

well ive been sat in silence with my friend for the past two hours... his girl friend broke up with him and in an attempt to lighten the mood i said

"oh well, plenty more spawn in the warp"

he did not find this at all funny so while he sulked with his nids i almost finished the painting on my ares...

gallery_38604_4022_791325.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_368029.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_792420.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_679827.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_582901.jpg

although almost finished i have overlooked the vindicator parts and chaosy bits ill be adding but this is all i can do for now, still need help with the search light though.

and C&C would be great ;)

SB

Ok, NOW I'm happy! :P

You got a very nice dirty/worn look to the stripe work, very nice indeed.

Best of luck to your friend, a situation like that is always painful.

Cheers!

Ok, NOW I'm happy! :)

You got a very nice dirty/worn look to the stripe work, very nice indeed.

Best of luck to your friend, a situation like that is always painful.

Cheers!

thanks alot alex, even more stripe have been done :)

Great work on the Chevrons, SB, it's difficult to get them even and straight, but you've pulled that off very well ;)

Are you thinking of doing any mud or dirt for the treads?

hmm i think i shall at one point but probably when its all done so the mud looks like its on the top and not part of the model.

ok last update until i get my vindicator parts.

i have gone a bit nuts with the hazard stripes, im hoping this breaks up the silver even more without overdoing it.

gallery_38604_4022_618806.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1072595.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_688457.jpg

sorry about the pics, i was rushing as i have low camera battery.

this will be all until sometime later this week but im happy to update and change stuff if people have advise or mistakes are noticed.

C&C please :lol:

SB

thanks guys :down:

speaking of hazard stripes ive updated something from my old army... the plague marines are IRIP (iron warrioring in progress)

gallery_38604_4022_272561.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_732767.jpg

i know its old but i just wanted to show im slowing making my old force iron warriors :tu:

ohhh excellent! chevrons make everything cool! and your prince even kooler.

nice going on the raider, i cant wait till you get the parts to finish it, you going to iron warrior up the rest of your old army?

:woot:

Edit: sorry didnt read it all, it says you are doing all of it :lol:

yes i am doing the rest... to prove it i have done the plague marines or "The Iron Bound"

gallery_38604_4022_831875.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_318437.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_808086.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_447125.jpg

once again old models i have given an iron warriors look, after the call of chaos expect my tech possessed to get a paint job as well as my brass scorpion and my zerkers, who will be shortly followed by some termys for the count as abadon i am making for call of chaos

thanks alot guys :)

i am the chosen champion of the great god of chaos postage this day...

in the post came, 5 termys (4 champions and counts abaddon will be made)

my vindicator parts

more paints and a badab balck wash

and some plastic glue

that means i ignored everything else as soon as it came and got to work.

i finished the building of my ares and will paint it up in the next few days.

gallery_38604_4022_520845.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_649565.jpg

the dozer blade isnt stuck on yet and despite what it looks like in the picture it is wider than the land raider.

with the spard vindi parts im gonna make a re-enforced rhino for my count as plague marines who have re enforced armour to look tough.

its my birthday soon so im hoping to get a good haul ( i know im getting a chaos lord and a chaos land raider already :))

let me know what you think :D

SB

Your Land Raider is looking awesome, very nice paint job! Maybe ya could add a daemonic face to the Demolisher cannon barrel? Also add some spikes to the Dozer Blade... Love ur daemon prince conversion, any chance to see some bigger pix of it? Also I agree with Doghouse, those maximini heads look pretty good on IWs... I've been thinkin about gettin some for my IW chosen! Happy Birthday for when it comes around :cuss

Woah! :) :) :jaw: I hope when I finally get round to finishing off my Daemon Prince, he will look as wicked as yours!

he he thanks alot :) good luck with your prince, be sure to let me know if i havent seen it when its done.

so this will be the last Ares update. AS ITS FINSIHED!! :D :D

before i go on i want to say it was a pleasure to convert and paint and with the right help its relitivly easy. anybody wishing to give the ares a go will have a great time. even the painting wasnt a bore (which it can be with larger models).

so this is the beast...

gallery_38604_4022_352196.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_257820.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_224127.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_215718.jpg

if people have any questions, advise or have spotted something i missed then please leave a comment.

next up for the call of chaos will be my count as abbadon, ill post when i get cracking on him :)

C&CN please

Amazing brother im planning to add one to my Night lords soon i already have the demolisher cannon and siege shield just need to get that turret

Amazing brother im planning to add one to my Night lords soon i already have the demolisher cannon and siege shield just need to get that turret

excellent, i cant wait to see it. the armoury of the chaod gods floushes.... :P

Ah darn, you too loken? So my ares will now be outnumbered two to one? Emperor protects I guess...

SB: Really nice job brother. The painting is great and the covnersion is smooth and unison. Excellent work :P

Hope it brings you as much joy as mine has brought me. And I agree, anyone that is thinking about converting one, DO IT! Its a fun piece to convert, and fairly easy since the vindicator pieces fit very well together with the LR ones.

Ah darn, you too loken? So my ares will now be outnumbered two to one? Emperor protects I guess...

SB: Really nice job brother. The painting is great and the covnersion is smooth and unison. Excellent work :P

Hope it brings you as much joy as mine has brought me. And I agree, anyone that is thinking about converting one, DO IT! Its a fun piece to convert, and fairly easy since the vindicator pieces fit very well together with the LR ones.

thanks alot ;)

Sword brethren, all i can say is that im a long time lurker and i have seen you evolve in both painting and converting. all i can say is wow. keep up the good work champ!

thanks, its means alot

i have made a start on the legs but my cameras battery has been stolen by my friend who is playing dragonball z, ill show you when he stops beating up cell :P

Yeah this is all great stuff dude! I'm another massive fan of the hazard stripes :P Think I'll be using your pics as a reference for when I'm painting mine on my dread... As long as you don't mind that is ;)

Archived