SB's Iron Warriors

oooh... i like that idea :D

mind if i steal it for when i get round to making some thousand son stand ins?

I'd be insulted if you didn't! :P

Mebbe a servo arm for the sorcerer (like Chronus' one) and a shed load of bionics and you're good to go. And that's just taking the easy route - judging by the Sonics, you'll come up with some way to make 'em awesomer. I'd be tempted to use some of the heads from the Iron Hands set - even the bare head would be good, painted in a palid manner to resemble a servitor....

But seriously, someone may as well use these ideas whilst I don't have the resources. I'm reduced to pootling about and occasionally throwing in the more relevant of my suggestions on here.

It also sort of fits the logic of the IWs, the same logic you've used in the explanation of why there's a squad with sonic weapons - they're adept at looking for and taking any advantage they can get in a fight.

Wow, I don't know exactly what it is but... that blastmaster is fantastic. It's probably the hazard stripes. They manage to tie it in to the Iron Warriors and at the same time draw the eye to what is an exotic and (for IW) a pretty unusual piece of kit. The sooty/faded effect is particularly striking and well done. It'll definately be one of the stars of the unit.

Also, the dirty bronze colour you've used as standard on your marines (instead of the gold that is sometimes used, and is a definate improvement) looks really good on the blastmaster for some reason.

If I had to stick my oar in (again!) and make a suggestion, you could possibly wash the top knots with purple for a bit of an extra tough of Slaanesh. Or would that be too noticable and clashing, or possibly going overboard? I'm not sure. Anyway, it looks brilliant, can't wait to see the rest.

finished the blastmaster!!

gallery_38604_4022_1077697.jpg

Very nice! :mellow: Once again I love how you've en-filthened the chevrons with black wash, they're 10,000 year old warriors, they shouldn't have freshly painted gleaming armour ;)

another late night update *yawns* i wish i updated earlier so i could be in bed...

gallery_38604_4022_412818.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1084298.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_788656.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_678984.jpg

yay i got the dreadnaught finished after a week or two

and i have another noise marine, sorry he doesn't have a purple top knot, i started him before that comment and my shainingstorm101 stole my liche purple :@

gallery_38604_4022_198374.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_482572.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_936378.jpg

let me know what you think guys ;)

thanks

thanks guys :)

OMG :woot: , just spent time looking through all your projects and they look amazing

can you please post pictures with your whole force as it would be just amazing to look at

cheers

unfortunatly i havent a surface large enough but i have 3 pics with them all....

gallery_38604_3113_370958.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_801661.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_726758.jpg

1. Brass scorpion - needs repainting

2. Land Raider Ares - complete

3. Noise marines - half done

4. Bikers and Biker Lord - Lord Finished, Squad not even close to finished...

5.Oblits - PIP

6. Chosen - Undercoated

7. Warsmith and terminator bodyguard - Warsmith finished, body guard PIP

8. Dreadnaught Daemon Prince - Complete

9. Mech Possessed with Rhino - done but need touching up

10. Count as Plague Marines and Rhino - Squad Done Rhino Undercoated

11. Magnetised Predator - PIP

12. Dreadnaught - Complete

13. Khorne Berzerkers and Rhino - Zerkers done (needs dusting :P) rhino PIP

this really sums up how i love converting but dislike painting... rhinos are dull to paint, bikers are complecated but everything else will be done at one point soon :)

i hope thats adequate :)

Wasn't expecting to see hazard stripes on the sonic blaster, but the section you've chosen and the way you've made it look burnt and chipped a little works well - like they've painted the stripes on themselves after 'aquiring' them, so the paint doesn't stand up so well to the rigors of battle as it would if it were properly applied to a cleaned and prepped weapon.

The hazards on the leg also make him stand out nicely, as does the extra colour on the pipes and cables.

The count-as Abbadon is, for me, one of the stars of that group shot. I'd like to see more of the tech-possessed; you don't often see people taking up the suggestion that IW would use daemonically powered super-bionics rather than straight possessed marines. Or at least I don't.

id show you my possessed but i looked at them closely earlier and they just dont look very good :( i think my opinions of what quality i work at have changed in that time.

anyway... my camera was stolen by other residents of my humble abode (parents) so i couldnt update the noise marines. as a bonus i have completed 2 in that time and i finished all their heads :(

gallery_38604_4022_653780.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1076693.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_382443.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_315728.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1034614.jpg

and the two completed heads

gallery_38604_4022_38750.jpg

what do you think guys?

thanks

SB

a little bit of super watered down purple where the skin meets metal works wonders.

Work the eye lenses up from the red you have through blood, fiery orange and then hit the rear with a spot of badaab black and when it is done drying get that little white flicker in there.

Your guys are looking great and you've been making big improvements.

a little bit of super watered down purple where the skin meets metal works wonders.

Work the eye lenses up from the red you have through blood, fiery orange and then hit the rear with a spot of badaab black and when it is done drying get that little white flicker in there.

Your guys are looking great and you've been making big improvements.

thanks ill update these head with your suggestions when i can, at the moment a fellow member has my purple so i may not do that for a while but ill try doing lenses better.

thanks dan :huh:

I think brown may have been safer with that green topknot, may just be me but the red and green are both a bit too bright to really go together.

I like the random placement of hazard stripes on the armour (especially that one guy where its in the centre of the backpack), it really serves to make them unique whilst pulling them all together AND differentiating them from the rest of the army.

ok its been a while since my last update due to it being a busy 3 weeks of exams.

inbetween revision and various sciences warhammer has kept me sane, at first i had nothing to convert so i pulled apart cardboard with rage and made these.

gallery_38604_4022_453165.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_721122.jpg

not alot but my friends appreciate their new 4+ cover save :P

my insanity grew before i noticed a jewel on a popular auction website, my favourate model GW ever made. a tech marine (not my model all rights ect ect...)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jHfnBHW3x_0/Sqwz.../Techmarine.jpg

those who have seen my earlier stuff will know i already have one of these guys converted to a possessed champion but i couldnt resist a go at making something MNONE suggested, some Tzeench tech guys.

so the fluff stands as a techmarine who wanted more and more knowledge of forbidden technology and forgotten tools of war and eventually turned to Tzeench for the knowledge, he is now a sorceror having slipped down the slope. i can use him as an aspiring sorceror in a thousand son proxy squad (yet to make) or just as a sorceror with a force weapon and bolt pistol.

gallery_38604_4022_34784.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_648010.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_962998.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_527747.jpg

im also going to make some sort of crazy chaos psychic attack to attach to his hand :)

very wip

gallery_38604_4022_688312.jpg

so let me know what you guys think of him, its been great to convert a model again :)

thanks

Lol, you give me too much credit. That's very nice. It's quite a subtle conversion, so it brings both aspects together nicely without beating you over the head with it. I had thought Chronus' servo arm would make a good backpack for instance, but your scratch built one is better at conveying that he's a sorceror (and why did I think he would need a servo arm anyway? Those are mainly for tanks, not robot automata powered by dark warp powers) whilst the base model looks all techy and suitable for the Iron Warriors. I hadn't thought about it before, but not using a robe as most sorcerors do works much better on an Iron Warrior psyker - a dress would just get in the way when you're storming down a trench.

thanks for the comments guys.

ive been busy with exams (2 left :( )

as soon as they are done i will be painting and building non stop.

so this is what i was doing inbetween revision

gallery_38604_4022_453412.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_211460.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_949617.jpg

and a sneak peak on what is coming up...

gallery_38604_4022_980403.jpg

that is one of 2 landraiders, the other is "owed" to me :(

thanks for looking, let me know how the power looks :D

Archived