SB's Iron Warriors

Where is the curved spiky bit on the top of your Sorcerer's backpack from?

i beleive its from the chaos marine set, on the sprue with the banners.

love the psychic power:)

ill get your other land raider to you soon, i left it at my nans...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the support guys :lol:

blimey its been to long since i did something with my IW.

so today i did this

gallery_38604_4022_569851.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_788588.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_935709.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_799458.jpg

second in command Hermann Hreidarsson

i also bought some raptor and after 2 games took the jump packs off and planned conversions for my own. so im selling 9 raptors on a popular auction site if people are interested, no jump packs though.

anyway, how does Hermann look? i tried something new with the gold, does it look ok?

SB

I think Hermann's gold works just fine :D

the entire army is beautiful (as far as you can call chaos worshipping madmen beautiful!)

only nitpick i have, is the sorcerer's power, I'd rather have it look more as if it came out of the palm more discreetly, if you get my idea.

all in all, the army is really well done, and your warsmith is friggin' awesome!

I just wish FW weren't so expensive, so i could order myself an IW dread...

Iron within, iron without brother!

I think Hermann's gold works just fine :lol:

the entire army is beautiful (as far as you can call chaos worshipping madmen beautiful!)

only nitpick i have, is the sorcerer's power, I'd rather have it look more as if it came out of the palm more discreetly, if you get my idea.

all in all, the army is really well done, and your warsmith is friggin' awesome!

I just wish FW weren't so expensive, so i could order myself an IW dread...

Iron within, iron without brother!

dont understand what you mean about the power but thanks for your complements :tu:

Really nice paint job on ur second in command dude, I like the paint job on the cloak. Also is this guy named after this Portsmouth defender ;)

ha ha, yes he is. im a massive Portsmouth FC fan and i tend to name my special charaters after the more committed and nicer players of our squad that i have met. afterall i have had a dreadnaught called Linvoy Primus which is now the name of my count-as Abaddon and Younes Kaboul was a chaplain of my old custom chapter.

thanks for the comments :P

SB

• 2 weeks later...

I think he looks great. I like what you did with the leather gloves and pouches and i like the gold/metal. the hazard striping on the jump pack looks a little warped so i'd be careful applying it to curved places like that, the chainswords one looks great though.

Put some work into those eyes!

@ Dan : *crumbles on the fear of his wrath* i will do my eyes better *flees* and thank you ;)

@ Firestorm40k : thanks alot :lol:

@ Vlâdvar : i shall try my next with bone colour, after all this was a test for the new paints im using, different gold, brown and yellow. and the stripes are done free hand after a little pratice, i paint it all yellow and just use a medium brush and stroke one stripe of black in a straight line. thanks ;)

Champion with power fist and vanilla raptor.

gallery_38604_4022_715312.jpg

2 PIP raptors

gallery_38604_4022_90840.jpg

converted corvus helmet raptor and a vanilla.

gallery_38604_4022_930559.jpg

and 2 other raptors

gallery_38604_4022_315870.jpg

all the bionic i used are from maxmini, made by freakforge from this site. they are fantastic, i bought a bulk load so i can stick a few in here and there in my Iron Warriors.

some dont have the jump packs because i havent stuck them on yet. other than that they are all built.

what do you think?

Love your work so far ( ill even over look you being the wrong end of the M27!)

But one question are we going to see a corrupt Peter Storie? Harry redknapp perhaps?

Surely there must be a paul walsh or alan knight in there? I can see it no alan iron knight!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously tho good work!!

Count me as a watcher and its not often i say that about to PFC related matters.

Love your work so far ( ill even over look you being the wrong end of the M27!)

But one question are we going to see a corrupt Peter Storie? Harry redknapp perhaps?

Surely there must be a paul walsh or alan knight in there? I can see it no alan iron knight!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously tho good work!!

Count me as a watcher and its not often i say that about to PFC related matters.

thanks alot :lol:

no matter how currupt a chaos army gets the schemeing financial evil of storrie and redknapp could only be shown by the horrid figures of the chaos gods themselves (lets face it a common hatred of redknapp)

i think ill use the alan knight idea, he is a hero ;)

yes we do have a comman hatred for the ol twitchy criminal!

I dont actually have anything against the blue half even as a staunch red and white!

How about alan ball?

darren anderton?

guy whittingham?

all time top scorer peter harris?

Or someone i am sure that you and you blue friends love Mr Rupert Lowe

yes we do have a comman hatred for the ol twitchy criminal!

I dont actually have anything against the blue half even as a staunch red and white!

How about alan ball?

darren anderton?

guy whittingham?

all time top scorer peter harris?

Or someone i am sure that you and you blue friends love Mr Rupert Lowe

i also have no anger against the red and white side, my girlfriend is a saints fan. which as a by product i do back your league 1 campaign next year while backing our championship campaign.

Rupert Lowe gave you some rough times and fled the scene unharmed and should be ashamed of himself.

anyway, we better halt this football talk or suffer the nasty end of the mod's meltas

They look really good, match the feel of your army better than regular ones. Those bionics are very cool too. They're bulky enough so as to not contrast too much with the power armour, thus stealing focus, but still identifiably bionic and unique.

Their poses have a kind of 'commando' style to them, maybe a bunch of extra pouches and so on if you want to play on that.

Righto let get painting again...

gallery_38604_4022_195087.jpg

so i have done two more raptors... i still have 6 raptors, 2 lad raiders, 5 chosen, 2 noise marines, a predator, 2 rhinos, 4 termies and 5 bikers to do :)

@Dan the Daemon - if you see this i tried the technique you suggested with the eyes and i just cant pull it off very well. i will keep trying though :)

i have also started the MNONE's idea of techno robot counts as thousand sons...

gallery_38604_4022_426788.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_964270.jpg

and i would love some opinions on some fluff i have been working up on my next character (count as kharne... again :P)

in quick and simple terms its that...

-blood angel is bigger that normal marines (gets named Andre the Giant)

-makes it to be a sergant of a veteran squad

-turns all nasty, red thirst, black rage all that jazz

-forced into death company

-attempts to control the red thirst

-whole blood angels force gets massacred (SP?) against the Iron Warriors where my warsmith finds him fighting to control his blood lust

-warsmith ends up chopping his left arm off to prevent Andre mauling him

-turns out the giant has personal problems and feels let down by his chapter as he tried to control it and was "punished" anyway

-warsmith offers him a place in a bezerker squad while being taught how to use his rage in battle

-Iron Warriors attack on a tau outpost

-warsmith arrives at captured outpost to find the splattered remains of a bezerker squad outside and the barely recognisable remains of 20 tau warriors and the maimed body of the Ethreal he wanted killed

-andre is on the floor unable to remember smashing 7 shades out of anybody

-andre is given crazy buzz saw bionic arm to replace his other as a reward for his capturing of the outpost

-andre becomes a very likable member of the force (after a long while) he begins to gain ranks to the point of being one of the warsmith's closest aids and commander of his assault forces

-Andre learns to fully control his rage (with help from a certain god fond of chopping off heads) but finds himself decending into his primal rage on the battlefield sometimes

is this sort of thing plausable, i really want to use some blood angel parts and make a giant angry death company want away to lead my bezerkers.

opinions and comments please

SB

i like it SB they look great and IMHO your fluff works for me i would buy into that :)

My only niggle is though on your first pic the hazard stripes on the "belt buckle" go a different way than the shoulder pads im not sure if they do or dont on the IW so its just a personal thing.

Also I think the eyes look good from the picture certainly better than I can do :D

Keep up the good work

ANdy

They eyes look great! If you're having a hard time pulling them off work it into quarters and fit the colors into there.

the way i do them

paint the whole thing scab red quarter 1-4

paint blood red in quarters 3-4

paint orange in quarter 4

badaab black in the 1st quarter, and then a little white flicker at the top corner.

1-4 left to right

They look good from here. Sometimes it's hard to see them on the table from up above but when you catch a glimpse of them here and there it really looks great.

Have you played around with freehanding the legion symbol?

thanks for tall the comments <_<

@khornate killer: i just did the stripe when i came to it but i think your right, ill get round to changing it

@Dan : thanks for the tip, ill keep trying :) ive attempted the legion symbol on spare bits a few times but i don't want to commit to putting it on until i get it looking right

@Nihm: thank you :) i placed them in a way that the packs are in the middle and i put 1P coins under the bases after just in case. they stay up nicly due to the leaning forward poses though.

@Kovash : thanks i'm glad you like them :)

i preordered my daemon prince last night (as if i don't have enough to paint ;) ) and im just getting cracking on a plasticard chainblade to make a daemoonic chainfist, ill post some picks later, hopefully ill have another raptor done aswell.

thanks

SB

Hey SB - long time no see :HQ:

I, sir, am utterly envious of your painting skills - I want to know which Chaos God you have declared your allegiance to, so I may worship them XD

And I must say, this is a great improvement on your previous army ;)

Arenis

Archived