SB's Iron Warriors

Hey SB - long time no see :HQ:

I, sir, am utterly envious of your painting skills - I want to know which Chaos God you have declared your allegiance to, so I may worship them XD

And I must say, this is a great improvement on your previous army ;)

Arenis

HEY! ;)

thanks alot :) (p.s. it's khorne, i weild my brush like a right nutter :P)

i like the dirty yellow

how will you base them

thanks :) i will just have a dark sand on their base, maybe some odd bits like broken weapons, armour or rubble.

i have made some daemon prince size chainblades

gallery_38604_4022_778583.jpg

Ahh so you did have to weigh them down, that has always put me off combining the metal packs with plastics.

no i didn't have to, i felt it should be a precation just in case, i play a clumsy tyranid player and i thought it was safer as he would likely knock them over. its not needed but its advised i suppose it what i'm trying to say. :HQ:

• 2 weeks later...
Looking really good SB ;) :angry:

thank you :devil:

i have an update, i beleive im the first person on the WIP with a NEW DAEMON PRINCE to show :)

i have converted mine (because everyone will have one and i wanted it to look iron warriorsy)

here he is, Daemon Lord Kanu

gallery_38604_4022_1618.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_785650.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_777376.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_358377.jpg

also i have painted a termie (at last)

gallery_38604_4022_148300.jpg

and his ride...

gallery_38604_4022_892747.jpg

its PIP, i have just done the rusty effect and i just need to do some details and stuff.

gallery_38604_4022_507259.jpg

so thats what i have been up to while my camera was gone (as well as some table top quality nids i did for a friend)

let me know what you think :P

SB

Nice conversion on that Daemon Prince, works really well :devil: I'm waiting for mine to arrive - ordered it from Maelstrom over two weeks ago, would've thought it'd arrived by now, but it hasn't :HQ: I wouldn't be surprised if GW has done something daft like putting an obstruction on independent retailers getting advance orders...

Anyway, enough criticsim of GW's marketing/sales policies; looking forward to seeing you DP painted! ;)

Nice conversion on that Daemon Prince, works really well ;) I'm waiting for mine to arrive - ordered it from Maelstrom over two weeks ago, would've thought it'd arrived by now, but it hasn't :) I wouldn't be surprised if GW has done something daft like putting an obstruction on independent retailers getting advance orders...

Anyway, enough criticsim of GW's marketing/sales policies; looking forward to seeing you DP painted! ;)

thanks firestorm :)

i ordered from darksphere.co.uk and sometimes i order from thinkwargames.com. both send quickly and cheaply. mostly its because i dislike paying £4 for postage.

*jaw hits floor*

Okay - I've gotta buy me a Daemon Prince to act as my renegades' former Chapter Master, Siphodias...

And it gives me a reason to buy a Chaos Codex ^^

Now slap some warpaint on that brute! The Dark Gods demand it! :devil:

Arenis

You just keep cranking out the goods.

I'll be eager to see what others do with that DP - as well as getting one of my own. The heads in particular, as in your case, are just asking for customization.

The sword arm with a chain axe on it is also a nice touch.

thanks for all the comments guys, it means alot :devil:

now this is as close to shameless copying as this will get, i promise. basically in this thread --> http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t=0&start=0

... i saw the most awesome looking bezerkers ever and when i decided to make a blood angels death company run away (count as kharne) i couldn't resist using Sar Mikael's stuff as inspiration.

the fluff for this guy is on another page, basically sergeant goes death company, picked up by iron warriors, khorne gets all happy, now we have a nutty bezerker who kills in a crazy rage.

gallery_38604_4022_447682.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_659872.jpg

he has a green stuffed helmet pipe to make his chaos warrior helmet fit in better.

gallery_38604_4022_312769.jpg

the guy on the base is going to be painted as a very unfortunate blood angel.

i hope Sar Mikael sees this as a complement rather than stealing, his work is brilliant and i suggest people take a peek at the link i left if they havent seen it already.

thanks for looking.

SB

nice kharne! the death company markings make it look very intimidating and unique.

though i respect S.bloodhowl's opinion i disagree, i think the skin tone is pale and unhealthy in a good way for somebody turning to chaos.

P.S. FINISH YOUR NOISE MARINES!! :huh:

thanks guys :P

as for the skin tone i was going for the pale, unhealthy skin tone as shiningstorm said.

on the front of updates, i have almost finsihed a land raider and a pack of khorne bezerkers (from brother nihm :) ) arrived today so you can expect them soon, as well as my daemon prince and some raptors... and the noise marines i seem to forget about :P

Love the conversion, which ork box is the arm from?

Cheers

Nobz :P

I love your Kharne, but if he's Death Company, he believes that he is the Bloody-Winged one. I'm not sure he's lucid enough to have a conversation, unless he's Lemartes.

Sorry - I love picking holes :P

Arenis

well with a place at Uni all but secured now i can get back on the iron warriors track with what i have been doing in the days up to results day to destroy stress.

2 of 4 land raiders are now complete...

gallery_38604_4022_149343.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1083655.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_920111.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_392593.jpg

1 of 2 oblits are now complete

gallery_38604_4022_594729.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_573260.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_467772.jpg

3 of 10 khorne bezerkers sent to me by Brother Nihm are complete

the champion

gallery_38604_4022_134180.jpg

the chain axe guy with action packed pose

gallery_38604_4022_702173.jpg

need to clean this guy as my plastic glue has got all stringy

the squad resident nut job

gallery_38604_4022_960018.jpg

still need to do the other arms soft armour

i think thats all ive done the last week or so, ill be getting more zerkers done ASAP and i bought 2 rhinos and a land raider of a friend of a friend for £30 ^_^ bargain!

thanks for looking let me know any comments you have

SB

Archived