SB's Iron Warriors

the land raider is ok, dont get me wrong the quality is good its just it doesnt seem like you put the effort in to it that you did with the ares.

on a lighter note the oblit fella is very well painted and the zerkers have some furious poses!

thanks guys ;)

@mick - thank you :D

@Shiningstorm - thanks, i know about the raider, i have to face doing 2 more of them before i get my stormlord. and furious and actiony was what i was going for with the bezerkers :)

@cheeseychaoslord - ahhh... another convert :)

i paint my infantry with

1. mithril silver

2. 2 washes of watered down boltgun metal.

3. 2 thin layers of burnished gold for the gold.

4. the yellow is 2:1 golden yellow:skull white

5. the black is chaos black.

6. when thats done i wash the model with badab black to make it look dirty and gritty.

for tanks its the same except i mix 1:1 scortched brown:tin bits and water it down, i then wash the whole tank in it just after step 2, makes good rust :D

hope that helps :)

Darn SB,

Never really catched your thread before since I've been of the board for a while.

I was planning on picking up my paintbrushes again but now I kinda feel compelled due to insperation.

Great stuff you got going on here. Love the Deamon Prince, great conversion work on the head. And seeing your version of the noise marines wants me to grab my old ones of the shelf. I never could figure what to do with the sonic weapons. Mind if I steal some of your idea's?

Keep up the good work, Ill be watching.

Cheers!

Darn SB,

Never really catched your thread before since I've been of the board for a while.

I was planning on picking up my paintbrushes again but now I kinda feel compelled due to insperation.

Great stuff you got going on here. Love the Deamon Prince, great conversion work on the head. And seeing your version of the noise marines wants me to grab my old ones of the shelf. I never could figure what to do with the sonic weapons. Mind if I steal some of your idea's?

Keep up the good work, Ill be watching.

Cheers!

thanks vandael that means alot :rolleyes:

im painting up the prince now, i hope to have him done soon and the zerker squad built by tomorrow.

go ahead and use any ideas you see, there is no copyright here :P

i have finished painting my daemon prince :)

gallery_38604_4022_771084.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_201001.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_239261.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_414467.jpg

i still need to base this fella but that can wait while i finish some other things, im off to uni soon so i need to get some done (maybe take some with me for the first year :P)

id love to hear some feedback on this guy :)

SB

P.S. anybody in the Wolverhampton area from mid september? it would be nice to know some people around the area :)

Brother your work is amazing as always i really love what you've done with the DP he looks very Iron Warrior like you should have his base littered with corpse of loyal marines. can wait for next update

thanks guys ;)

@Khornatekiller - Go for it ;)

@Loken86 - thanks, i would do that but i dont have the amount of marine parts needed, im currently working new army stuff off of scraps due to impending university debt. nice idea though :)

@Bloodhowl - Cheers mate :D

Somehow managed to double post over a period of 25 minutes whilst Sb posted in the meantime O.o

how bizarre :S

anyway i have got some painting and stuff done.

gallery_38604_4022_645786.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_88983.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_787963.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_511608.jpg

i finally started painting chosen Iron Warriors :P

i have also made four autocannons from heavy bolters and four rocket launchers from imperial guard rocket launchers with a view to buy a marine squad... what ever will i create with those items...

as always any comments are welcome, share any tips im missing and just let me know what you think

cheers

SB

Great work Sb, your daemon prince has inspired me for when I buy my 3rd one (a week away). Also does that IW chosen have the pewter shoulder pads that gw sell in bitz packs ? Because I recently bought the black legion one and was suprised with the quality, and that you dont see them very much.

The lightning on the daemon princes sword is awesome, a nice spot colour gives the eye something to focus on.

Great work Sb, your daemon prince has inspired me for when I buy my 3rd one (a week away). Also does that IW chosen have the pewter shoulder pads that gw sell in bitz packs ? Because I recently bought the black legion one and was suprised with the quality, and that you dont see them very much.

The lightning on the daemon princes sword is awesome, a nice spot colour gives the eye something to focus on.

thanks mate :)

it is the pewter pads and they are fantasic, i was doubtful at first but they are great to paint, wash and highlight. top notch quality!

good luck with your prince

i have officially ran out of money (if anybody asks its nothing to do with me saving for a stormlord super heavy tank ;) )

which meant the inevitable bits box clear out, £20 for havoks i think, and i made 5 for free :D

allow me to introduce the first 3 members of Squad - Iron Hail

champion/leader looking guy

gallery_38604_4022_593776.jpg

autocannon fellas

gallery_38604_4022_984754.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1084830.jpg

this squad will have 4 autocannons and the next (if i manage to figurea good conversion out) with have 4 imperial guard rocket launchers.

how do they look?

SB

aahhhh i see my heavy weapons teams left a lasting impression, they will be inferior to my imperial guard i assure you!

jokes aside its looking great, i cant wait to see the whole squad.

P.S. fancy a geek session tomorrow night before we go off to uni?

@Bloodhowl - thanks :P i would do an army pic but my camera isnt good enough and i dont have the space as im looking after some friends armies at the moment

@Mick - thank you ;)

@Ludovic - glad you like them, thank you

@Shiningstorm - your heavy weapons teams are BS3 and 6 autocannon shots, ill have BS4 with 8 shots. i wager that your heavy wepaons Vs. my squad will be a massacre as it instant kills you! :P gimme a text or something and we can arrange a time :lol:

Archived