Imperial Fists as Chaos?

It has intrigued me that I have never seen a chaos Imperial Fists as well as any Ultramarines? surely there has to be a contingent of them somewhere that have survived and fought the Imperium.

Do you mean like chaos space marines originally from the Imperial Fists? or a faction of renegade Imperial Fists. It's not likely, but still possible for a first founding chapter to have some renegades. However, they would likely change their armor color and heraldry instead of wearing their original colors.

That's not stated in the daemonhunters codex. It merely states that no grey knight has ever been corrupted by chaos.

So, I call speculation on that, though I could easily see there being no records of it as it would tend to be hushed to avoid censure by the Inquisition or other imperial authority.

IMO, members of first founding chapters would be extremely hard to turn(though the blood angels novels basically have chaos corrupted blood angels, black library can be a little silly sometimes), though troops on extended deployment away from the mental and spiritual ministrations of the space marine reclusiam would tend to be "easier" to corrupt(as in said blood angels novel series).

Well, there were some Sons of Gulliman that turned according to the new Chaos codex. Also some Space Wolves turned when the Wolf of Fenris was raided by the Red Corsairs, and we all know about the ol' "we wear dresses and hide a dark secret" knights of Caliban, so I suppose it's not inconceivable that the Ultras or Imperial Fists would have some marines turn from the light. Most would probably become pirates, but some might become Chaos lords or even join traitor legions, an Imperial Fist running around with the Iron Warriors would be funny, though it's possible the IW's would just kill him on sight regardless of his allegiance.

A lot of corrupted imperial fists wear the armor of the iron warriors (and some unfortunate guy's skin) since the iron cage, Honsou for example. Also, as most of the space marine geneseed stems from the original ultramarines legion, most post-heresy turncoats are basically ultramarines. Huron blackheart belonged to a chapter made from UM geneseed, didn't he?

It merely states that no grey knight has ever been corrupted by chaos.

But I don't think it would bother saying that unless that was a special, unique fact about them. The fact that no Grey Knight has ever fallen to Chaos is apparently noteworthy, implying that other Space Marines falling is at least a known and unsurprising occurrence, if not a common one.

A lot of corrupted imperial fists wear the armor of the iron warriors (and some unfortunate guy's skin) since the iron cage, Honsou for example.

I wouldn't count that. They have IF geneseed but they never were IFs. They were marines trained as IWs who used IF geneseed to make them marines.

On the GK note. I was just reading a BL novel where an inquisitor turns, not to chaos, but does turn on the Inquisition. The -I- kills that Inquisitor and later reports that they died bravely fighting the enemy. If a GK ever did turn.. it wouldn't exactly be reported as such :tu: .

Most would probably become pirates, but some might become Chaos lords or even join traitor legions, an Imperial Fist running around with the Iron Warriors would be funny, though it's possible the IW's would just kill him on sight regardless of his allegiance.

As noted in the above there is a marine with IF geneseed leading IWs. His name is Honsue... and if my Warsmith ever met him he would kill him on sight :) .

Archived