Blood Reavers

Madcap

I got to work on my Chaos Sorcerer today; I was waiting for the final parts to arrive.

gallery_53911_4802_931228.jpg

Breakdown of Bitz

Head: Chaos Terminator Lord.

Torso: Space Marine Commander.

Legs: Chaos Space Marine.

Left Arm: Space Marine Commander power sword arm, with sword replaced with a trimmed Chaos Terminator Lord force staff.

Left Pauldron: Space Marine Commander (as it wouldn't be that visible)

Right Arm: Chaos Space Marine

Right Pauldron: Chaos Space Marine (trimmed to allow for wing span)

Jump Pack/Wings: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard w/ Chaos Space Marine Icon

I wish I was a better photographer with a better camera. From all angles, it looks as cool as the front. I cannot wait to paint this guy.

More WIP here: Blood Reaver Gallery

I think the "angelic wings" fits very well. Firstly, if it's a tzeentch sorceror as said earlier, bird deamon. Secondly, how a deamon looks depends really how you vision them, I vision for example the fallen angel "Lucifer" as just that, an angel. I say as Terry Pratchett, deamons are angels, just with better groomed wings. Thirdly, it's chaos, just by definition chaos they can look very different, angelic or deamonic dosen't matter.

I just got a question?

Are the marines alligned to one of the goods or are they undivided?

Are the marines alligned to one of the goods or are they undivided?

The marines are Undivided, though I am adding a squad of converted Plague Marines (more like shot-up, mauled, undead marines) and may add more cult marines for higher-point games. I wanted the army to have a Fallen look to it, and those new Sanguinary jump packs are too good to pass up. I will work on fluff a bit once I get my 1,500 points assembled and the painting begins. But basically I wanted a Renegade legion with heavy influence from Blood Angels. I was going to go with the Knights of Blood, but I wanted to do my own Legion. Similar feel though.

I liked the chest and cape. It has no aquila on it, and Chaos Sorcerer Lords seem like the type to have capes. It looks soft of like the Sorcerer is wearing robes that flew open while he was flying about.

My unit of Raptors will also have the Sanguinary packs. I plan on a red/black scheme for the army, and the wings will be black.

Thanks for all the complements on the Sorcerer.

My obliterator conversion.

gallery_53911_4802_52499.jpg

gallery_53911_4802_275552.jpg

gallery_53911_4802_316933.jpg

I had a whole Chaos Terminator Lord, minus force staff and one helm, sitting around. So since I am not doing terminators yet, I will make an obliterator. Extra bits include a havoc launcher (obviously) and a heavy bolter. I used the sorcerer helm, removing the spikes to add to the arm. I wrapped the right arm in thin wire before adding the green stuff. This is my first time using green stuff, and I learned a lot.

Let me know what you think.

I think I see what you are trying to do with that green stuff but I also agree with the others that you may have been a bit heavy with it, maybe try and do the more fleshy effect as with the actual Oblit models... however the work is looking promising -_-

Archived