Counts as shrike model

Pendrecki

this is a wip, for a counts as shrike model, let me know what you all think.

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/Pendrecki/Pendreckileft.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/Pendrecki/PendreckiFront.jpg

I can pull this apart and reassemble if it proves unsatisfactory.

Yep, you got it Spiney!

The legs head and torso are from the excellent new chapter gabriel seth model, and the backpack is from sanguinor. It was expensive to do it this way, I just liked the bits. I'm basically trying to kitbash all of my raven gaurd stuff now, as there are a bunch of interesting things that happen when you draw from other chapters stuff.

Hm, I like it.

Do the arms come separate, or did you have to remove them yourself? Also, is the head attached?

I know what you mean about using parts from other armies - my Salamander army includes a whole heap of heavily-converted Special Characters and limited models - sometimes even for just day-to-day "bolter" Marines. I may have to grab Seth now too!

Hi IC!

Yep, the chapter master gabriel seth comes with seperate arms. It is an excellent model! I'm using the arms as (its a huge 2 handed chainblade!) for a counts as kahn model I'm doing, matching it with a sw head (the one with the mowhawk and topknot) and the body of the sm captain, and the legs of an assault marine.

Ah, you're Khan conversion sounds cool.

I really like what you've done with your "Shrike" (Raven Guard are my second-favourite chapter, and you've convinced me to grab the Seth model), but I do have to ask - what is he stood on? It's really hard to make out at the moment, and looks a little "clumsy" from the front - but it'll probably be sorted out once some paint hits it and it's not all white metal.

I'd also grab a file (or being effin careful with a hobby knife) to remove the chalice from the left greave. The "Flesh Tearer" symbol on the knee isn't too bad, and can be incorporated in, but I think the detail on the other leg keeps it looking too "Blood Angel-y" and less "Raven Guard"

Cool, I'll post kahn when I get around to him...

He's actually in a flying stance, the scroll work coming down off the jetpacks is used to disguise the base. If you check out the sanguinor model its his backpack. I really didn't like that model, so I stripped off all of its war gear.

The main drag with the lead foot is that it is designed to be toe up like the lead foot is rocking forward for an attack... I'm not sure how to fix it... maybe sand it flat and rebuild the toe with gs... or get really dark with the paint and maybe lack of higlights on the toe to draw the eye to other areas.

I'll be dremeling off all the iconography... will post with some paint and the greenstuffed raven skulls. Thanks for the heads up on the chalice.

Oddly, I think that the chapter that would really use the blood angels new stuff would be a Pre-chaos taint soul drinkers chapter or as a basic model to build the mostly still marine souldrinkers.

Your model looks great P! Great enough in fact that I will forgive you for altering Seth's awesomeness (but don't push it! LOL)

I agree that the left foot needs work.....I would just chop it off altogether and make a custom one with the toes pointing down, or chop off the metal foot and replace it with a plastic one that you can position to be pointing down.

GB

Archived