Cherub's Reaver

Cherub

I dont really like the standard pose of the reaver, so Im changing it. When I am done its going to be kicking a nurgle dread like a soccer ball :P Yes you can agree that I am nuts, most of the guys I game with already said that.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh292/Cherub996/Reaver/DSCF1949-1.jpg

Give the reaver more of a "running bent knee pose while kicking a stupid nurgle dread along the way" kind of look and it would be awesome. Right now it looks disturbingly like gumby legs.

If you can capture the 'David Beckham' pose, just as he strikes the ball when taking a free kick, that'd be sweet. Perhaps painting it in the colours of the england kit and adding his famous number 7 on the back... for teh epic winnage! :)

while its completely unfunctional and realistic for a giant robot to do it, im thinking now that maybe you do need to exagerrate and ignore "robos cant do that" type stuff

you will have to cut and angle some pieces and fill areas however...you need a slight body lean to the side opposite the kicking leg...you need to decide either pre or post kick, to raise the leg higher or lower and this will determine how straight and forward/back the support leg will be, pre kick its in front of your body slightly, post kick its behind slightly... pre kick hips are turned with the kicking side back, while after kicking side hip is forward

the uppoer body can lean forward for a powerful kick to start, and leans more straight up post kick

Alex

Im going for more post kick as I think it would look alot better with the dread being thrown though the air and desperatly trying to hang on to the lower leg armour with his claws. It isnt shown in that pic but I have moved the wieght over to the standing leg to carry the weight. Its kinda like how I stand in that pose with my weight over my right leg.

Should I bend the standing leg a little at the knee? Nothing has been glued at this point, just a few pins and thats not a problem to fill and move over.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived