Chosen Chaos Marines

Hey guys, i've been looking at possibly fielding some Chosen Chaos Marines & was wondering who else uses them? & if so... you got any tips?

For my IWs I'm looking at maybe having 10 with a Champion with Power fist, 1 Missile Launcher, 2 meltaguns, a flamer & an Icon of chaos glory & having them inflitrate at the start of a game behind enemy lines to take out armour or small squads

Searchy is your friend. There are a lot of posts like this previously.

However.....

This all depends do you want to use them because you like them or do you want to use them EFFECTIVLY. if you choose the latter here your set up is flawed. You are mixing assault weapons with heavy weapons and your assault weapons have low to no range. So basically you are spending points on stuff you wont get to use for a turn.

The best way to decide that I have found for a unit or model is this..

Write a list of Pro and Cons for it. Decide what you want the unit to do. Outflank? Footslog? Camp a place on the field? Then decide what gear works for that. Dont blend the unit such as you have unless its just for fun and you like the feel of it. The reason is you are going to pay the same price for the missile launcher as you would for two melta guns. The missile launcher cant move and shoot and the meltagun needs to be right up in your face to take hold of its real effectiveness.

Archived