THE BEAST HAS COME: DIY renegade idea

Normally I only create loyalist chapters but i have dipped into the realm of chaos now and then. Well recently I had an idea related to the SW Wulfen, I like the idea of feral and savage marines but i dont want them to be possesed. So I came up with the idea of a "up and coming" chaos god (or more likely a undevided daemon prince seeking to carve his own legacy into the flesh of mankind) who is the lord of beasts. He whispers to the feral instinct within all things and if they are not strong enough to fight it then they are consumed by it, as the inner beast roars forth from their soul they devolve into raging monsters intent on nothing but the hunt and the insuing slaughter.

I know that there used to be beastmen in 40K and that they were ab-humans, I like to think that their ancestors gave in to the whispers of ______ and so mutated into their current forms. I would also like to say that the corruption of the Canis Helix which causes members of the SW chapter to turn into Wulfen is credited to my god but i think that would cause to much trouble as the Wulfen are already well developed in 40k fluff.

I used to have a name for this "new god" but i forgot what it was years ago. So any ideas on a name for the god? maybe translations of the word beast? and if anyone has any suggestions or ideas they are welcome.

Well theres at least one idea. I researched into it a bit and the actual chaos god of beasts is called Atagro, but he was only mentioned in fantasy and didnt sound very beast like to me. Keep the suggestions coming please

All the chaos gods seem to be responses to the common worries & fears of mortals, and their gifts are sort of a be-careful-what-you-wish-for opposite of the things that drove their worshipers to them. People afraid of their mortality go to Nurgle, so you won't die or succumb to disease but you'll look and smell like the Thai take-out in the back of my fridge that I forgot to take out last month, Khorne worship comes from fears of physical weakness so you'll be the toughest kid on the block but you'll also hit friend and foe with your chainaxe and probably can't think far enough forward to go to the bathroom indoors because you're so consumed by bloodlust.

My point, and I swear I have one here, is that a god of beasts probably is a response to people who want freedom and simplicity instead of the pressure of conscious thought and drudging meticulous plans and whatnot that all conscious beings experience. So probably people who worship the beast god would live by instinct, powerful but also pretty simple. I stepped on a dog's foot by accident last week and, it's like, you can't really apologize to the dog. If its' instincts tell him that my clumsiness was actually an attack then it's an attack and there's no explaining. If he thinks me standing close to him is a romantic ovation then he's going on a date with my leg no matter what I say. You could refer to this new gods followers with sme word that conjures images of people turning into animals, maybe lycanthrope or skinwalker or were-warrior or something like that.

True but the gods of chaos were also born from the collective emotions they represent. I want the chapter to be very out of controle, to the point were the leaders of the various warbands are the only ones who retained any sense of their intelligence. I was planning on modeling them on a combination of space marines (probably space wolves) and beasts of chaos.

I always figured Khorne was the primalistic beat the hell out of people god.

I know a few players with Khorne or Slaanesh Wolfman themed armies; But It would be cool to see a wolf army that worships their own god

You could maybe make it a C'tan or something, I mean the Loyalists all worship the "machine spirit" C'tan; you could worship a Feral C'tan

I always figured Khorne was the primalistic beat the hell out of people god.

I know a few players with Khorne or Slaanesh Wolfman themed armies; But It would be cool to see a wolf army that worships their own god

You could maybe make it a C'tan or something, I mean the Loyalists all worship the "machine spirit" C'tan; you could worship a Feral C'tan

Khorne is the god of warriors and blood and while some of his servants can be pretty savage he dosent embody that feral instinct that lurks within all things.

And while i appreciate the C'tan idea i dont think i will be going down that road due to the fact that the C'tan were technology based and that there are only 4 C'tan left in the galaxy (The Outsider, the Nightbringer, the Void Dragon and the Deciever) but i have read/heard numerous times that alongside the 4 greater gods there is also a pantheon of lesser chaos gods which are just daemons who have reached a certain amount of power but not enough to equal the big 4.

Archived