Assaulting While Stunned

Irebryn

This came up in a game this past weekend, and i'm curious as to what everyone else has to say.

My furioso dreadnought was stunned while in an assault with a falcon, destroyed it, and off to the side are a group of banshees.. It comes to be my turn and I can't figure out whether it is possible for me to assault them or not? Technically its not moving or shooting, its assaulting, but you have to move the model in order to assault. Opinions?

Agreed.... if you dont have to move to attack your already in assault, if you have to move to there your SOL... because that would be moving, wich your not allowed to do.

An Assault Move is a special kind of move to be sure, but I dont think anyone could say it isnt movement.

This is why you take extra armor on the dreadnought. It's one of the few units in the game that should almost always have that upgrade. The dreadnought is at its best when it is supporting both shooting and assaults (with a few exceptions). Extra armor makes it so it can always get to the assault unless it is immobilized or destroyed.

If a walker is shaken (can't shoot), it can certainly charge into an assault if it's not yet in one (it can still move). If it's in an assault, it is unaffected by the Shaken result.

As has been said, if it's stunned, it can't move, so it can't make an assault-move. If it's already in an assault and stunned, it loses an attack for the round.

If a rule wants you to distinguish between movement that happens specifically in the Movement phase versus any type of movement, it will say so. As this isn't the case here, the answers you've been getting are on the money. Can't move = can't move, regardless of when.

This came up in a game this past weekend, and i'm curious as to what everyone else has to say.

My furioso dreadnought was stunned while in an assault with a falcon, destroyed it, and off to the side are a group of banshees.. It comes to be my turn and I can't figure out whether it is possible for me to assault them or not? Technically its not moving or shooting, its assaulting, but you have to move the model in order to assault. Opinions?

I have a couple of questions that may sound incredibly dumb...

1) How exactly did a Falcon Grav Tank stun your Furioso Dread in assault? :HQ:

2) Why was your Furioso in assault with a normal vehicle on your opponent's turn?

3) Why didn't you buy Extra Armour? ;)

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, I'm honestly having problems seeing this scenario in my mind.

I have a couple of questions that may sound incredibly dumb...

1) How exactly did a Falcon Grav Tank stun your Furioso Dread in assault? :HQ:

2) Why was your Furioso in assault with a normal vehicle on your opponent's turn?

3) Why didn't you buy Extra Armour? ;)

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, I'm honestly having problems seeing this scenario in my mind.

I didn't play the game, but I've seen things like this all the time.

1) Something else involved in the assault, or during the opponent's turn the Dread got shot (perfectly legit as it's not locked in assault with a Grav Tank alone) and managed to Stun it.

2) The opponent could have forgotten or neglected to move the grav tank. It also could have been immobilized and the Furioso may also have been immobilized or (more likely) decided to stay in assault to tear into the thing next round. People forget this, but if your model is on BTB contact with any of your opponent's models (even vehicles) during their assault phase, YOU get your attacks against it. <3

3) People forget or don't realize it's valuable on Dreads. I do recommend taking EA on a dread, ESPECIALLY one who's going to be in assaults exclusively. It's cheap and helps him keep moving, even under fire.

Ah, true enough.

I guess I'm just not used to seeing a Dread in combat with both units and a normal vehicle actually take a swing at the vehicle instead of their fighting enemies... though I suppose now that we're AV13 on the front Furiosos can do that against most basic troops. That and I'm used to my Furiosos tearing most vehicles in half with one swing :HQ:.

Thanks for the clarification, Thade.

Archived