Dark Angel Apothecry

Nope. the one advanage that a DA apothecary has over the SM is that it allows a save against a plasma weapon.,

In that a plasma weapon is AP2 but not an ID weapon (for marines ) the apo can save the model.

A model that cannot take a save is the same as a model that failed a save.

I am all for just ignoring 1 unsaved wound. The problem is the DA codex does no unsaved wound. It says a "failed" wound. The BRB then says if the AP bets your save you get no save. So how do you fail something you never got? It does say it can never be used against ID and close combat that ignore saves.

AP equal to or higher then save

BRB pg. 20 "... the target gets no armour save at all."

Apothecary allows a model

DA Codex pg. 25 "... to ignore a failed Save (of any sort)."

I need a page number or faq that I can show people if it comes up in games. The RAI might have been 1 unsaved wound, but it seems the RAW is 1 failed save.

I am all for just ignoring 1 unsaved wound. The problem is the DA codex does no unsaved wound. It says a "failed" wound. The BRB then says if the AP bets your save you get no save. So how do you fail something you never got? It does say it can never be used against ID and close combat that ignore saves.

AP equal to or higher then save

BRB pg. 20 "... the target gets no armour save at all."

Apothecary allows a model

DA Codex pg. 25 "... to ignore a failed Save (of any sort)."

I need a page number or faq that I can show people if it comes up in games. The RAI might have been 1 unsaved wound, but it seems the RAW is 1 failed save.

no "armour" save... so you can take other kinds... + also if you can't take a save it's an automatic fail.

If you applied for a job, went to the interview and didn't get the job you would say you have failed to get the job... wouldn't it be just as much a fail if you didn't make it to the interview... not having a go is one of the biggest failures...

Hellios has the right of it- unless its one of those rare attacks, such as a Warscythe, you can ignore the first wound, assuming the apothecairy isnt engaged in CC at the time.

Archived