Wrecked vehicles and LOS

Ramora

So for the longest time the people I've gamed with played wrecked vechiles as area terrain. Basically you ignored it for LOS purposes but it was difficult/dangerous terrain to move through. During one of my resent games someone brought to my attention that no where in the description for a Wrecked Vehicle did it say area terrain, just that the vehicle was treated as a piece of terrain that was both difficult and dangerous. Basically like a building wall you could not draw LOS through it unless there were holes, like in a droppod, but say a rhino was just a big LOS blocker. So what my question is which way is correct as per the BRB. Either way is fine with me. I'm actually starting to enjoy playing them as LOS blockers since I can hide behind them if it gets wrecked.

Cheers,

Ramo

Ashe Darke is correct. Although there is another aspect to take into consideration. There are two types of wrecked. Wrecked-destroyed and wrecked-explodes. If the vehicle is wrecked-destroyed (a 5 on the d6) it becomes difficult terrain and a LOS blocker as Ashe Darke described. However if the vehicle is wrecked-explodes (a 6 on the d6) the vehicle is supposed to be removed and replaced by a crater or the equivalent terrain marking the area as difficult and dangerous, but it no longer becomes a LOS blocker because the vehicle is gone from the board.

Explodes is the vehicle is removed and replaced with a crater or similar terrain if you have one. Wrecks are left on the table and become d+d terrain.

This is why I take my own craters to tournaments, to ensure that I get cover when they explode my vehicles.

Archived