Shoulder Mounted Conversion Idea

Paralyz3dxD

After seeing the trailer for Iron Man 2 recently I thought it would be cool to make a marine with a shoulder mounted weapon of some sort, but for the life of me I can't decide what figure to try and convert. There are some creative minds here, what do you guys think?

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu35/Paralyz3dxD/iron-man-2_standee_warmachine-432x6.jpg

I was thinking something with an assault cannon.. but I don't have my codex with me. Aren't the units that can use it rather limited?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I might have posted this in the wrong section.

Only Termies have acces to AA canons.

But another solution is to use this on Jet packed marines with a stormbolt or on SM Bikers.

On my World Eaters Knights that use the Chaos Knights WHB steeds they have a twin-bolter mounted in place of one of the exhausts on the backpacks.

I just got my codex out of my car, and some of the ideas I've had so are on this would be..

Terminator + Assault Cannon

Devastator + Lascannon

Devastator Sergeant + Storm Bolter

With the last idea, would it be considered acceptable to mount a normal bolter on each shoulder and still count as a storm bolter?

I just got my codex out of my car, and some of the ideas I've had so are on this would be..

Terminator + Assault Cannon

Devastator + Lascannon

Devastator Sergeant + Storm Bolter

With the last idea, would it be considered acceptable to mount a normal bolter on each shoulder and still count as a storm bolter?

I did an Oblit conversion with that idea, though I used flamers. I figure they'd count as Twin linked. I'll see if I can find the oblit to take pictures and post 'em. I know it saw it recently...

As an add-on to the question about shoulder mounted weaponry... yeah. A picture is worth a thousand words and you really don't want me talking for a thousand words to explain this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN4613.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN4614.jpg

I had a similar idea, though I never tested it out. Basically since all tactical marines in Codex Astartes have both a bolter and a bolt pistol, I was thinking a backpack mounted bolt pistol. Just cut off one vent on the backpack and attach a bolt pistol in a suitable fashion.

That is pretty awesome, I like the sword skies.

The idea behind those was a series of "Extreme environment operations" equipped marines. So I was gonna build "Ski-patrol" Marines, which consisted of the Ski-marines you see there (would count as Marine Bikers) supported by Ski-mobile attack bikes. I also did a pair of Scuba equipped marines for under water operations. Ultimatly the ideas to carry the concept just grew way out of proportion and while some of them seemed like they'd be good ideas (Ski marines counting as biker marines for instance) it just got to be way more then I felt was worth it.

You could convert grey knights to have shoulder mounted storm bolters, and two handed nemesis force weapons. You could also convert sanguinary guard to have shoulder mounted angelus boltguns.

However, both of these might be seen as heresy by some of the more devout players.

That is pretty awesome, I like the sword skies.

The idea behind those was a series of "Extreme environment operations" equipped marines. So I was gonna build "Ski-patrol" Marines, which consisted of the Ski-marines you see there (would count as Marine Bikers) supported by Ski-mobile attack bikes. I also did a pair of Scuba equipped marines for under water operations. Ultimatly the ideas to carry the concept just grew way out of proportion and while some of them seemed like they'd be good ideas (Ski marines counting as biker marines for instance) it just got to be way more then I felt was worth it.

Sounds like it would have taken away from the army a little bit, having that much stuff going on. But definitely great ideas.

When I read "Shoulder mounted conversation", I had an image of a marine with a parrot on each shoulder in my mind. Ie, it should read "conversion", since a conversation is two or more people talking to each other.

I quite like the idea, though, I have a Kroot shaper with a targeting device mounted on his shoulder that looks a bit like a weapon - the idea was from Predator (the movie).

What about a captain with an auxiliary grenade launcher? The item's description says it is often mounted under a weapon, but there are also shoulder-mounted versions.

I personally think that the best way to include a shoulder mounted weapon like the iron man picture above is to give your captain the grenade launcher upgrade and model it as a small shoulder mounted cannon.

Heavy weapons are an idea but the problem is that it frees the hands up too much. Unless you have him pointing and holding a close combat weapon or using an auspex he'll look like he doesn't know what to do with his hands.

For the rule of cool the grenade launcher allows you arm him with say a bolter and have the small cannon on the pack. It'd also make it look like a cool ancient chapter relic that isn't standard issue. :)

Archived