Mephiston's Land Raider

Ok, so I have a really cool idea for a Land Raider conversion, and I'm not sure how to execute it. I'm thinking of making a Land Raider to transport Mephiston that's an homage to the Death Company's ultimate fate, ie. they get killed by Astorath. I'm thinking it'd be really cool to have a sanguinary priest kneeling by a recently departed DC marine, and taking his blood and using to fuel the LR. I found a cool bit a while ago (I'll post pics when I get the chance) that I think came from some really old Dark Elf kit that's basically a skull covered alter. My idea is to have another priest pouring some blood in there and having some hoses coming out that lead into the engine. What do you guys think? Any ideas on some models to use for the priests or some other good conversion tips? I'll post some pics of what I've got so far when I get the chance.

While I'm not sure if this is even feasible with models, but it would be amazing for the altar to be on top of the landraider, change the iconography to be a bit more angelic. Then have the priest gently lowering the fallen Death Company marine to the altar, with wings kind of held over him in almost a sorrowful and protective tone to the scene.

Sort of where, yes his blood is helping the chapter, but his death is still tragic and a loss for the chapter. That would be awesome.

While I'm not sure if this is even feasible with models, but it would be amazing for the altar to be on top of the landraider, change the iconography to be a bit more angelic. Then have the priest gently lowering the fallen Death Company marine to the altar, with wings kind of held over him in almost a sorrowful and protective tone to the scene.

Sort of where, yes his blood is helping the chapter, but his death is still tragic and a loss for the chapter. That would be awesome.

Freakin' genius! I think one of the space marine casualty models might fit the bill for just that purpose... and maybe use the Sanguinor? His arms are kind of outstretched...

O.o just had another idea. Since this is Mephiston's LR, you could have the two priests kneeling while you have a dead death company 'floating' above the altar, his blood spilling on to it in a manifestation of Mephiston's psychic energy.

O.o just had another idea. Since this is Mephiston's LR, you could have the two priests kneeling while you have a dead death company 'floating' above the altar, his blood spilling on to it in a manifestation of Mephiston's psychic energy.

I like the way your mind works... :-)

Here's some pictures of the beginnings of construction:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7ZzttF55viQ/S9SscueshmI/AAAAAAAAAXU/U8FdOhGA3yg/s720/CIMG2305.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7ZzttF55viQ/S9SsclTaQdI/AAAAAAAAAXk/T7TJMn9sn8c/s720/CIMG2303.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7ZzttF55viQ/S9Sso0cn2vI/AAAAAAAAAYU/_fHO7y7s9jY/s720/CIMG2305.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7ZzttF55viQ/S9SssmOfsfI/AAAAAAAAAYc/PKudWbqnb-w/s720/CIMG2304.JPG

I think I like the arrangement of the altar in the first two, but what do you guys think? If I go that route, I'll do a kneeling priest on either side of it lowering a DC marine onto it in a reverent manner with a third priest reading from a book at the end of the altar. Thoughts? Oh, and I'm also planning on painting the LR hull black... I sprayed it red a while ago, but I think for this purpose black would be better.

Ok, so I have a really cool idea for a Land Raider conversion, and I'm not sure how to execute it. I'm thinking of making a Land Raider to transport Mephiston that's an homage to the Death Company's ultimate fate, ie. they get killed by Astorath.

Wait, is that from the new codex? I thought they were supposed to die in battle or die from exhaustion afterwards, once the black rage kicks in? ;) Being "put out of misery" is kind of an undignified way to die. :tu:

I'm thinking it'd be really cool to have a sanguinary priest kneeling by a recently departed DC marine, and taking his blood and using to fuel the LR. [...]

So does the Land Raider run on blood or the Battle Brother's drinks from the pre-battle party? :D

The idea sounds a little crazy, which is great. I'm looking forward to what you'll come up with.

Wait, is that from the new codex? I thought they were supposed to die in battle or die from exhaustion afterwards, once the black rage kicks in? ;) Being "put out of misery" is kind of an undignified way to die. :tu:

Yeah, that's from the new 'dex. He basically kills the guys who are too crazy even to go into the DC, or the DC brothers that didn't die in battle and can't be restrained.

So does the Land Raider run on blood or the Battle Brother's drinks from the pre-battle party? :D

I was thinking it has some sort of reservoir inside that the hoses hook into. Sort of a memorial of the blood lost to the Black Rage or somesuch. ::shrug::

why not mix water effects and tamiya clear red paint to make blood inside the chalice- and continue with the sanguinary priest tending to the fallen DC marine- chucking the progenoids into the chalice?

You could use greenstuff to make some organ looking bits, paint them and put them in the mix. After all, blood is the life fluid, Id imagine storing the organs in a vat of the stuff would serve in a pinch to keep em fresh.

While I'm all for land-raiders as mobile temples and all, I'm just not sold on having an altar hanging out on top of one.

I'd see if maybe you did it somehow on the inside, with maybe the landraider's roof removable to reveal it, but on top is kinda silly IMO.

Try to imagine how fast a landraider is going when it's plowing through the battlefield, then try to imagine a bunch of dudes STANDING on it trying to do whatever it is they do to DC marines to get his blood into the raider. I think the idea would be amazing for a diorama or something, but i have to disagree with car surfing marines.

Although i do commend you for wanting to put Meph in a raider.

it borders on chaotic !!!. We are Angelic with a terrible price to pay at the end. What if the alter where within the raider instead. You coulod still make it visible if you had a detachable top half?.

Ah High Marshal (and earlier posters as well), therein lies the problem: in my haste to put this tank together a while ago I glued the top on already... Drat!

why not mix water effects and tamiya clear red paint to make blood inside the chalice- and continue with the sanguinary priest tending to the fallen DC marine- chucking the progenoids into the chalice?

You could use greenstuff to make some organ looking bits, paint them and put them in the mix. After all, blood is the life fluid, Id imagine storing the organs in a vat of the stuff would serve in a pinch to keep em fresh.

Great idea! I was already planning to use some water effects blood, but I like the idea of including some organs in there as though the apothecary were performing the last rites and preserving the fallen brother's gene seed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived