countering shooting NIDs

72challenger

Ok so I still consider my self a super newb, I played a game with a long lost family member he plays nids. We agreed on 1500 points I play black legion with no demons just like the idea of marines getting the job done. He had 3 zillas and alll warriors they shot then ran shot then ran shot assulted annilation for me. I got lucky with heavy bolters making him roll saves. Any ideas on how to handle a multi wounded army. thanks

no hvy bolters . all comers melta spam . str8 ID warriors. nids are a bad list to play nowadays . they cant realy shot , if they fight in hth they have no frags so die to anything that is not a guardsman . SW spaming choosers and 2-3 LF with 3RL2LasC make the list keel over and die. they have HUGE problem with destroying AV13+ .

I personally like Defilers for them, the Battlecannon is a good way to insta-kill Warriors, put wounds on TMCs and handle the little guys and since you can start shooting from turn 1 normally, it gives you that added range bonus.

Combi-Predators (2 Lazcannon 1 Autocannon 130 points)

They are the cheapest form of Lascannons available to chaos, will ID warriors at range, or put wounds on Monsters, and you can have 4 LC shots for 260 points, with a added bonus of 4 AC shots, which together on average with down a Hive Tyrant in 2-3 volleys (so 1-2 turns) and a 6W creature in 3-4 volleys (2 turns)

Defilers arnt that bad cuz they will pop several warriors, but only wound big guys once, (which is why I prefer the more versatile predator shooting)

Also, the only thing they got to pop armor is outflanking genestealers and Zoanthropes, so just sit 1 defiler 2 preds in the center of your deployment zone and blast away

unless the nid is actualy a gamer and not a painter and does what every nid players does and use hive guard to stun tanks and destroy transports and use deep striking tzoans . then your tanks are stuned/blown up turn and you have to relocated to counter them[and chaos has no hoods or mystics so they will work ] or lose more next turn and on turn 3 you have to prepare for a charge.

Normal chaos builds work best against nids. 6 oblits 3/1 melta-plasma set up in squads 2DPs to fight in cover and die as counter or tar pit a unit for a turn or two.

Archived