How to kit out my Chaos Lord

So I just bought a chaos lord for my word bearers, as he is going to be my dark apostle he is going to have an accursed crozius, but other than that I am not sure what I am going to give him. I was thinking about giving him a combi-melta, but I could use some input if people have some better ideas.

Well what is the crozius going to be since that is no longer a weapon?

I would go with a DW, and combi melta. On a lord you best bets are undivided/MoS/MoN Demon weapon, or MoK with twin claws.

Another option... since WBs are suppose to have 4+invs and be able to summon forth the powers of chaos you could go with a sorcerer w/ the MoT, and warptime. Explain it as his close connection with the gods gives him forsight, and MoT is just his crozius giving him a 4+ invulnerable save.

Just putting out some options.

Another option... since WBs are suppose to have 4+invs and be able to summon forth the powers of chaos you could go with a sorcerer w/ the MoT, and warptime. Explain it as his close connection with the gods gives him forsight, and MoT is just his crozius giving him a 4+ invulnerable save.

This is what I suggested to a friend recently who asked about the same thing. It's the best way of getting him to what he should be. As for the fact he has a force weapon, isn't their crozius supposed to have a strong link between them and the warp. It doesn't sound out of place.

Or you can consider going with the Black Templars Codex if you want to make a REALLY fluffy Word Bearers force.

Real "Accursed" Crozius Arcanum, mixed Chaos Marine/Cultist squad, actual upgrades and choices, a WH40K force, not a tournement based force.......

Go with BT codex for all your Word Bearers needs.

Or you can consider going with the Black Templars Codex if you want to make a REALLY fluffy Word Bearers force.

Real "Accursed" Crozius Arcanum, mixed Chaos Marine/Cultist squad, actual upgrades and choices, a WH40K force, not a tournement based force.......

Go with BT codex for all your Word Bearers needs.

The cultist part is sort of iffy, because Word Bearers don't give a rat's behind about their cultists. They're cannon fodder, plain and simple. They're lucky to have armor better than the clothes on their backs and weapons better than sharp sticks or lasguns.

I am going to be using the codex Chaos Space Marines for my army, so I will be able to field units such as defilers and obliterators, but a great idea for fluff heavy Word Bearers. The big reason for not choosing to use the Black Templar codex is that I won't be able to use deamons, which is as I read it one of the most iconic parts of a Word Bearer army, and as I gather it aren't alpha legion the ones using cultists?

WBs and AL cultists cells are the strongests and fight all the time .

also awesome in the fluff or not , LSD and GD from codex csm suck hard.

I would rather run something like codex BT [marines are WB, scouts are big mutants] with inducted WH/DH [the cultists] and GK terminators deep striking[A demon unit] . at least it would be different . codex csm can be done in a limited[very very limited] number of ways , specialy if you want it to work at least a little bit.

They're cannon fodder, plain and simple

you mean like scouts in BT , that are ablative wounds ?

There's a difference between fluff and the tabletop. Those neophytes might be ablative wounds, but they're still wearing carapace armour. Word Bearers cultists would be supremely lucky to have anything that good.

Those neophytes might be ablative wounds, but they're still wearing carapace armour. Word Bearers cultists would be supremely lucky to have anything that good.

even orks can get +4 sv with a lot of armor , there are whole regiments that went over to chaos and cultists scavange anything they can get their hands on. + isnt it natural that cultists who fight near actual marines would have better armor and weapons then those runing around in mobs?

And aren't WB cultists used more as slaves used to build temples and shrines to chaos gods than they are used as soldiers?

both are used in planetary conquest , the difference is that AL doesnt realy care if and what their cultists worship.

Archived