Inquisitor Lord in Terminator Armour

Dr Duck

Getting back into the hobby again after meny meny years away.

Recently painted up one of my favourite models (the space marine chaplin in terminator armour) so that he could be used in my Grey Knight army:

http://www.digital-carbon.net/files/40K/inq1.jpg

Was concerned i'd never be able to break the 'chaplin' link, but I think the end result works and its easy to accept him as an inquisitor.

It's an awesome model, but to be honest I'd have replaced the Crozius head with something else and maybe drilled out the skull helm and replaced it as well. As of now, it looks like a Chaplain. Throw some Is on there, replace the Crozius head with something else, and you may not even need to take off the (awesome) skull helmet on this guy.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was a bit limited on time with this guy as he needed to be painted in time for my games clubs monthly painting competition. I am planning t work into him a bit more now that that is done (Didn't win unfortunately).

I do have a sprue for Inquisitional brasses, but i struggled to find a place i could mount one of these, there isn't really any spare space on him. The weapon is probably the answer to that and it has occurred to me to do a large Nemesis style halberd which in turn could have some I's mounted to it.

With the bolter its s tools issue, i just don't have a big enough bit for my pin vice at the moment, Once i've got that then yes I will drill it out.

Interestingly no one here has picked up on the issue that both the judges and my GF commented on. They both felt that the parchment on the seals and the large 'crotch scroll' was far to dark, although maybe thats something that the lighting in the shot dosn't show so well?

I would definitely give him a different weapon - maybe a Daemonhammer instead of a nemesis force weapon? It would be easier to convert up without ruining the wonderful paint job, and would look cool with an =][= on it.

I don't personally think the scrolls are too dark - they look aged and worn as they are, which is a good thing for this model, especially to help represent and inquisitor.

Other than that he's a very nice model very well painted.

Archived