Do imperial worlds follow a template in construction?

7Thunders

I got to thinking tonight while working on my army.

When the imperium takes control of a new world,obviously

re-building or even new buildings must go up.

Do all of the buildings follow 1 or 2 different templates as designed by the imperium?

is this done to speed up process,or to have a tactical advantage in case the world was ever over run again?

or does the imperium just let the locals design whatever they want?

what about road structures or water/power distribution?

That would involve the age of the planets, its geology, evironmental effects, etc, etc, etc.

Read your fluff, you will notice each planet is set up deferently. There are certain buildings that will always be there in some form or fashion (Basilica, Administratium, etc) though the blueprint may be slightly or vastly deferent. Also matters how old the settlement is.... Newer buildings will be more uniform as the old ones will have been modified by the various builders over time, not to mention battle damage.

When you say a new world, do you mean an absolutely new world never before colonised by mankind, or recovering an old world that had previously lost contact with the Imperium? In the former, I would say that there would definately be standard templates of construction. Factories would go together one way, administration buildings another and so on. When reclaiming a world though, it is more than likely the population will have developed their own way of doing things.

ID

Archived