Salamanders Scouts

Greetings brothers!

In the run up to the Call of the Imperium I have put work on my chosen models on hold, which has freed up some time to have a game of 40k on thursday. As my opponent has only just started playing the game will be limited to 1000pts, which meant I had the points free once the core of the army had been chosen to fit in a scout squad to round up to exactly 1000pts.

So, having only the models from the Land Speeder Storm kit to hand, I set out making a unit of scouts 'at ease'. The idea is that they have just finished an infiltration mission to pave the way for the rest of the army and are sitting at ease awaiting their arrival, and further orders. The sergeant is a grizzled veteran, however, and therefore wouldn't ever relax, so he wont be lazing around like the neophytes.

Here's the squad after an evening's work, I am green stuffing their bases, etc as I type this. One more thing to note is that a lot of parts are simply pinned for ease of painting.

The Squad

gallery_289_4827_236826.jpg

gallery_289_4827_84200.jpg

Individual Models

gallery_289_4827_199018.jpg

gallery_289_4827_155766.jpg

gallery_289_4827_82230.jpg

gallery_289_4827_225266.jpg

The heavy bolter scout is supposed to be working on cleaning his weapon, and has stripped it down and put it back together again and is finishing cleaning the targetter before reloading, hence the ammo box has been disconnected. His empty hand will have a cleaning rag in it sculpted from green stuff.

Comments and critique are most welcome.

Just a quick update before I leave work, showing the green (grey) stuff work done on two of the models:

gallery_289_4827_219545.jpg

gallery_289_4827_78195.jpg

gallery_289_4827_81328.jpg

Sorry about the last one being dark, it's getting close to twilight here so the light isn't great in the office.

I may reposition the arm holding the rag on the heavy bolter scout, as it seems like he's offering it to someone standing behind him, which doesn't really fit the model, looking at the photos...

Archived