Sanguinary Priests and Kill Points

Wildfire

might be wrong but i thought ICs gave away a kill point when they died? they aren't a squad so i would say 1 priest = 1 kill point... i could well be wrong as i have never played a kill point game (city fight all the way)

They do each give up a seperate KP. This has nothing to do with them being IC, it has to do with them each being their own unit.

They are each their own unit because of the IC rule, no?

Well yes, also in that they operate separately from each other. Same thing with Daemon Hunters Death Cult assassins for example. Not Independent characters, but operate independently of the rest you purchase.

The thing that makes this open and shut is the Sanguinary Priests entry in the BA codex.

Unit Composition: 1 Sanguinary Priest

It doesn't say 1-3 Sanguinary Priests under Unit Composition, so there we are. <3

They do each give up a seperate KP. This has nothing to do with them being IC, it has to do with them each being their own unit.

They are each their own unit because of the IC rule, no?

No, they are each their own units because the book says so, not all IC are single model units (wolf IC with fenrisian wolves, thunderfire cannons, as well as Tau with drones). In those cases the unit is still worth a single KP

Theyre no different than Death Cult Assassins, Imperial Gaurd Heavy Weapon Teams, or a Rhino and its Tactical Squad.

Each unit is its own kill point. Some slots allow you to take multiple units. *shrugs*

Thankfully for all of us SW players out there they dont form their own units, they join existing units. *sighs*.

If the priests could join a unit in such a fashion, theyd be alot scarier- impossible to single out, etc.

Thankfully for all of us SW players out there they dont form their own units, they join existing units. *sighs*.

If the priests could join a unit in such a fashion, theyd be alot scarier- impossible to single out, etc.

They would also be unable to switch squads mid battle or be left in a transport without wasting the entire attached squad too.

Archived