Blood Wolves,

Hi,

This is my first CotI and I wanted to do a bit.

In the end I choose a Wolf Guard Battle Leader,Blood Claws and a bunch of old models converted into Grey Hunters.

First up the Wolf Guard.

gallery_47487_4833_1701844.jpg

Blood Claws

gallery_47487_4833_1177535.jpg

Grey Hunters, who are very WIP

gallery_47487_4833_430114.jpg

Thanks for looking and C&C welcome

P.S This was my first attempt at green stuff

Blood claw one is almost finished, just his base to go.

The red marks are part of the inititiation into the chapter, On their first kill, they must dip three fingers in the blood and make a mark. This is never taken off.

Any way, heres the pic

gallery_47487_4833_2289654.jpg

as always C&C welcome

I think the model looked a lot better in the 2nd last picture; while obviously not finished when you look at the model the space wolf is the focus of attention. In the last update it's so busy I don't know where to look: do I look at the green (why???) wolftails, the slime green shoulder pads, the slime green totem? Way too busy.

I do like the freehand on the kneepad and if the model was less busy the 3 red marks on the helmet would be very effective.

Hi again, got given some second hand models ages ago.

Most of them were Dark Angels, but i've figured out how to use them!

I've converted Ezekiel and have thought of some rules on how he could be Blood Wolvish.

I've looked in the Homegrown rules section, but i couldnt figure out where to post it.

Does anyone know where to put the rules?

Thanks.

Hey no worries about the lack of a successor business, perhaps the spacewolves just refuse to acknowledge their successors exist, thats why theyre not recorded as such. Or perhaps its a space marine chapter that fought more according to the codex, then worked alongside the Space Wolves and became inspired by the way they fought and sought to mimic their force organization.

Its your army do what you want with it :P it looks wonderful by the way, well done on those poses.

Hey no worries about the lack of a successor business, perhaps the spacewolves just refuse to acknowledge their successors exist, thats why theyre not recorded as such.

ain't gonna happen, the space wolves had 1 successor chapter, the wolf brothers, who were disbanded because of genetical instability

the canis helix specially needs fenrisian born warriors i believe

The Bood Wolves are The Lost 19th Grand Company of the Space Wolves. Lost During the Great Crusade through the Eye of Terror. They re-apeared in M39, little more than crazed space marines who each were possesed by a Daemon of Khrone. Through strenth of will and mind(something most space wolves don't have ;) ) a small selection of Rune Priests broke free and saved a chunk of the Grand Company. Many more still are in Khrone grasp(will model some of them later) and are called Khrones Wolves.

Thats why their not proper space wolves.

C&C welcome

The Bood Wolves are The Lost 19th Grand Company of the Space Wolves. Lost During the Great Crusade through the Eye of Terror. They re-apeared in M39, little more than crazed space marines who each were possesed by a Daemon of Khrone. Through strenth of will and mind(something most space wolves don't have :P ) a small selection of Rune Priests broke free and saved a chunk of the Grand Company. Many more still are in Khrone grasp(will model some of them later) and are called Khrones Wolves.

Thats why their not proper space wolves.

C&C welcome

I'm far from an expert on Space Wolves, but haven't there only ever been 13 Grand Companies at a time? So the 19th doesn't really fit. Easily solved though just make them a former 9th Grand Company.

Thanks, I know I should make thinner lines but its hard when you have no way to stop yourself shaking. Me thinks I'll stick to drybrushing

Dont drybrush! Keep at it. You wont be perfect first time but with practise and patience you will get better. Brace both your brush hand and model holding hand on your table. That stops shakes. Make sure you hold the brush by the end of the ferrule (metal bit). Also thin your paints...50:50 water/paint for example and gently ease the highlights on one layer at a time. That will give you delicate, fine lines. Also, i found the citadel brushes a little unfit for purpose. I use others as well as the GW brushes.

I like the dramatic poses you've given these guys (especially that Blood Claw, he looks like he could kill you 6 times before you hit the floor) and I've been thinking about your fluff problem. My suggestion is to make them a renegade company from the days of yore, and go with that. Altogether, it's your army though, so do what you want to!

I'm far from an expert on Space Wolves, but haven't there only ever been 13 Grand Companies at a time? So the 19th doesn't really fit. Easily solved though just make them a former 9th Grand Company.

I'm far from an expert too, although I think there was 30 companys in the great grusade, But I'm not sure (Heck I don't even own the codex, Im using Chaos rules for them right now)

Warsmith Morenze@ Thanks, I think a renegade company is appropriate, but not Chaosy, Its just the Inquisition declared them renegades as they had been possesed for so long.

Wicksy@ Thanks, will try it out on the Grey Hunters who havn't broke (no god dam super glue :lol: ) and My Wolf Guard

Archived