Models with Two Different Special Weapons

Page 42 of the Big Rulebook Hardcover: "Two different special weapons: When it is their turn to attack, these models must choose which weapon to use that turn, but they never get the bonus attack for using two weapons."

So a model with two different special weapons can only use one or the other each turn and can never claim an extra attack for having a second close combat weapon.

Therefore, a grey knights grandmaster (for instance) with a nemesis force weapon and a power weapon can't claim an extra attack in close combat.

Also, if you have a power weapon and a power fist, you can never claim an extra attack in close combat, even when you were using your power sword and you can't choose to make some attacks with one weapon and make the rest with the others.

Am I reading this right?

Definitely no on the power fist/power sword combination.

I'm not too familiar with the grandmaster or the nemisis force weapon. But a force weapon in general is just a power sword with an additional ability to insta-kill. You might get the extra attack on that one for having the additional power sword as it would be the same as having 2 power swords. Atleast thats how I think it would go. But if you are paying for that other power sword it is probably a waste as a standard close combat weapon or pistol would do the same thing.

I just relate it to a rune priest that has a force weapon and a bolt pistol that gets the extra attacks. Not sure if a nemesis force weapon is something special though.

For him it's a +2 strength force weapon. I was wondering about that point myself but on pg42 it lists what universal special weapons are and power weapons and force weapons are two separate entries so no they can't get the bonus as that comes under two different special weapons.

For him it's a +2 strength force weapon. I was wondering about that point myself but on pg42 it lists what universal special weapons are and power weapons and force weapons are two separate entries so no they can't get the bonus as that comes under two different special weapons.

Of course, isnt this all just a little silly, GKGMs have a Stormbolter and the ability to True Grit it?

Of course, isnt this all just a little silly, GKGMs have a Stormbolter and the ability to True Grit it?

Not quite, True Grit is only usable by people wearing power armour so he can't gain an extra attack that way.

Thanks for the input. The reason I was confused was that I was under the impression that this was not the case in older editions (especially the bit about splitting your attacks between two different weapons) and I guess I just hadn't examined that part of the rulebook closely in 5th edition.

And for the record, I wasn't planning on taking a grandmaster with a power weapon. That was just an example lol.

Archived