Paper, Rock, Scissor, Emperor

gettothegone

My Ironclad Dreadnaught is going to DP in next to you, heavy flamer and meltagun salvod in a with a couple of missiles for good measure. Next turn I can all but gaurantee youll be in assault range... try getting through my AV 13 puny mortals.

A pair of Tzeentch Daemon Princes. 4++ save for any of your swings and I'm hitting on 3's before you anyway. AV13 isn't so hot compared to S6 + 2d6 for AP with 5 attacks on the charge.

venerable dreadnought with lascannon blows you bits from the other side of the board and even in CC you only glance on 6s along with me hitting you on 3s and penetrating on 4s. Furiosos are rubbish, 2 taken down by one venerable dreadnought: case in point proven! (and venerable rule makes your meltagun extremely ineffective).

10 Longfangs outgun your Predators- 4 Lascannons, 4 Missile Launchers. In cover theyre tough enough to take what little, if any, return fire a pair of stunned-at-minimum combipredators can do.

Well finish of the Techmarine ones theyve exploded. You cant fix exploded.

10 Longfangs outgun your Predators- 4 Lascannons, 4 Missile Launchers. In cover theyre tough enough to take what little, if any, return fire a pair of stunned-at-minimum combipredators can do.

Well finish of the Techmarine ones theyve exploded. You cant fix exploded.

This is a hard one, I really had to think about it but I have an idea.

2 squads of 8 Wolf Scouts with 2x Power Weapons = 300 points even

Hope to outflank next to the Long Fangs and charge them. 5 bodies will go down really quick compared to 8 and 2 PWs. If you get unlucky with the Outflanking, you should be able to MTC fast enough to still close and assault them, plus a 4+ cover save and 16 bodies will be alot to burn through.

This is a hard one, I really had to think about it but I have an idea.

2 squads of 8 Wolf Scouts with 2x Power Weapons = 300 points even

Hope to outflank next to the Long Fangs and charge them. 5 bodies will go down really quick compared to 8 and 2 PWs. If you get unlucky with the Outflanking, you should be able to MTC fast enough to still close and assault them, plus a 4+ cover save and 16 bodies will be alot to burn through.

Im going to go with a trio of MM+HF Landspeeders in return. Fast enough to counter-attack, cheap enough to take losses in an affordable fashion.

A Godhammer Land Raider rolls in, and it's called Godhammer for a reason. The Hammer of the immortal God-Emperor "freems" you on the spot, flames licking harmlessly on its AV14 adamantium hull, leaving naught but two piles of molten slag.

I then surprise you with my 5 man squad of terminators all with chainfists who were cunningly making their way to your land raider, they burst out with an assault cannon salvo then carve your hammer to bits (however if it were a phobos I would agree it may of had a chance!). You think you can take me down with land raiders? You are talking to the person who would give all his tactical squads one if he could! Be kinda silly if I could get owned by my own tool. (and stop with land speeders seriously).

I don't think you have made a good choice there mate. The Landraider need never be caught by the Terminators as it can move away whilst firing each turn.

I think the Landraider goes down to a Drop Pod Sternguard, 8 strong with 2 melta guns and more combi-meltas than you can shake a chainsword at. Doesn't even get a chance to fire, the poor Landraider!

I don't think you have made a good choice there mate. The Landraider need never be caught by the Terminators as it can move away whilst firing each turn.

I think the Landraider goes down to a Drop Pod Sternguard, 8 strong with 2 melta guns and more combi-meltas than you can shake a chainsword at. Doesn't even get a chance to fire, the poor Landraider!

The vindicators I just used to create a tropical paradise decide it would be best to do some more landscaping. Turns out your sternguard are in the way!

Oh and I bribed the sternguard-rights groups so no hippies will chain themselves to your marines.

How about, three 5-man inquisitorial storm trooper squads. One with 2 flamers, one with 2 melta guns and one with 2 plasma guns. And two rhino transports.

The melta guns and plasma guns are almost ensured to be fired, as the squads hide in rhinos doing drive-bys, wrecked rhino -> squad jumps out and shoots.

How about, three 5-man inquisitorial storm trooper squads. One with 2 flamers, one with 2 melta guns and one with 2 plasma guns. And two rhino transports.

The melta guns and plasma guns are almost ensured to be fired, as the squads hide in rhinos doing drive-bys, wrecked rhino -> squad jumps out and shoots.

Ok since we had mesphiston I am no longer holding back and I am now breaking the game:

Lysander!

Lysander!

20 sniper Scouts from 3 feet away.

It might take a couple turns to kill Lysander, but they will do it.

(other answers to Lysander include anything that can move 12" and shoot, e.g. StormRaven, Land Speeders, any BA Rhino-based vehicle, Bikes/Attack Bikes)

CC unit, tank, DS tank hunters, devastators w/ plasma cannons or oblits, cc unit, tank, devastators w/ lascannons, cc unit, etc, etc, etc.

I agree but I think if you look carefully, you'll be able to see what elements would be needed for a successful army and how best to use them, at least in part.

A prime example would be how important long range fire support is but how its also open to deepstriking/outflanking units.

Archived