defilers shooting all weapons?

Demoulius

hello brothers,

i faced a player a few days ago who played a defiler. he said he could fire all his weapons because a walker can fire all his weapons even if he moves.

i on the other hand noted that the ordenance weapons entry state you can only fire 1 ordenance weapon and nothing else

who is in the right here?

"Walkers can move and fire all of their weapons, just like a stationary vehicle."

5th Edition Rulebook, page 72, "Walkers Shooting"

And just like said stationary vehicle, if the walker wants to fire an ordnance weapon, it cannot fire any other weapons that turn (not even defensive weapons). It is irrelevant how many weapons it would ordinarily be allowed to fire.

hello brothers,

i faced a player a few days ago who played a defiler. he said he could fire all his weapons because a walker can fire all his weapons even if he moves.

i on the other hand noted that the ordenance weapons entry state you can only fire 1 ordenance weapon and nothing else

I think (and people correct me if I'm wrong) only Leman Russ variants can fire ordnance weapons and other weapons at the same time (due to the lumbering rule? or will a russ just count as stationary?). I don't have the guard dex on me so I can't check... and also The Land Raider Helhios where the argument is made that the Machine spirit can fire the missile launcher and everyone else can fire normal guns or and the idea I prefer is that you can fire the missile launcher and the machine spirit can fire one other gun :P

Can anyone confirm or correct me on the Russ and if anything has anything to add on the helios please do.

hello brothers,

I think (and people correct me if I'm wrong) only Leman Russ variants can fire ordnance weapons and other weapons at the same time (due to the lumbering rule? or will a russ just count as stationary?). I don't have the guard dex on me so I can't check... and also The Land Raider Helhios where the argument is made that the Machine spirit can fire the missile launcher and everyone else can fire normal guns or and the idea I prefer is that you can fire the missile launcher and the machine spirit can fire one other gun :P

Can anyone confirm or correct me on the Russ and if anything has anything to add on the helios please do.

leman russ indeed has a special rule that allows it to fire its turret mounted weapon alongside anything else it would normally be allowed to fire. defilers have no such thing though. seems my concensus was right after all then. not that it mattered in the end (we played it out that he could fire all weapons) and everything missed or dident do anything :(

still annoys me when people assure me they can do stuff because "they looked it up" and throw hissy fits whenever i want to look it up...

Archived