My Latest Project: The Priory of Dorn Sternguard Squad

Here is my latest project for my DIY chapter The Priory of Dorn. This is my Sternguard Squad WIP. I know they are missing their left shoulder pad. I'm still debating on whether to put on these IF/CF Shoulder Pads or these IF/CF Should Pads. Once I decide which shoulders to use & purchase them, I'll add them on.

Here is my Sternguard Squad. They will be the personal body guard of my 2nd Company Master Fearghus Anyon, (Counts as Kantor)

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions you all may have for my Veterans. I hope you like them!

gallery_26418_3698_1006367.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_177363.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_12444.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_45219.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_140126.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_199335.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_7683.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_298925.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_211480.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_121056.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_208724.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_224269.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_61456.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_276707.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_199314.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_9703.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_123952.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_259477.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_429580.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_316342.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_146937.jpg

the second set of pads will look better for your sternguard, and looking good so far

these vets look great im liking the multimelta to heavy flamer conversion consider it borrowed
Thanks! Feel free to borrow the Heavy Flamer conversion - I did. I don't remember who I borrowed it from though.

the second set of pads will look better for your sternguard, and looking good so far
The 2nd set of pads would definitely be cheaper than buying two sets of the first ones, plus I don't need the backpacks. I'm going to use the 1st set of pads for my Tactical Squads, so maybe using the 2nd set would help set them apart. But then again, I like things to be uniform... I wish I could see how the 2nd set of shoulder pads actually looked on a marine, it would make the decision a little easier.

Looking darn good mate, love how they are all "designed" the same. Really adds to the feeling of being a honour guard.

Waiting for more!

Yeah, I really wanted them to stand out & not only look like veterans, but to look like they'd accompany the Company Master. So I did a bits order to get all the pieces I'd need to make them a uniform squad that was very different from a Tactical Squad. (Torso, scopes, backpack tops, etc.) You should have seen the look on my wife's face when she realized the bits I spent $120.00+ on came in a 6"x4" bubble envelope. LOL. She didn't care, she just couldn't believe I'd spend that much on the bits for them. I think it was worth it though.

Thanks for the comments guys, the next update most likely won't be until after I decide on which shoulder pads to get for these guys & start painting them.

They are looking excellent, very cool posing and excellent uniform look to them. Will any of them be getting combi-weapons or will it just be the normal bolters, as imo they would benefit greatly from a couple of combi-meltas.

Very nice SG mate. I'm not 100% on the uniformity but then again they will have great cohesion as a unit.

I really like the use of the eagle icons on the backpacks, gives a nice twist on the norm as well.

The heavy flamer conversion is excellent, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to rob that one! Did you use the IG command H/flamer to get the Nozzle?

Any reason why they all have Mk7 Helms?

Can't wait to see some paint on them.

They are looking excellent, very cool posing and excellent uniform look to them. Will any of them be getting combi-weapons or will it just be the normal bolters, as imo they would benefit greatly from a couple of combi-meltas.
Thanks a lot! I think this will be their standard load out. I thought about giving 1 or 2 of them a comb-melta, but I have a Power Fist & Pedro Kantor will be with the squad, so that's 2 Power Fists to use against armor if I need it. I'll see how they do w/out having any Combi-Meltas for a while. I also plan on using this squad as a dedicated anti-infantry unit, my Tactical Squads are loaded out for anti-armor.

Very nice SG mate. I'm not 100% on the uniformity but then again they will have great cohesion as a unit.

I really like the use of the eagle icons on the backpacks, gives a nice twist on the norm as well.

The heavy flamer conversion is excellent, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to rob that one! Did you use the IG command H/flamer to get the Nozzle?

Any reason why they all have Mk7 Helms?

Can't wait to see some paint on them.

Thanks. I really like the company champion torso and thought it would be perfect for my Sternguard. I tried to make their poses different so they would stand out & break up some of the uniformity.

The Heavy Flamer is a Terminator Heavy Flamer nozzle attached to the Multi-Melta body. It's pretty simple, it doesn't exactly line up, but some GS or a well placed purity seal will hide that. ;)

Heavy Flamer Step 1

Heavy Flamer Step 2

Heavy Flamer Step 3

I chose the helmets I did because 1. they all have a targeting unit on them, so I though that would fit the SG very nicely and 2. I wanted to save my Mk6 helmets for my small Crimson Fist force that I'm going to start - they're going to all be in Mk6 armor.

Archived