50/50

Yea, this is tourney specific...but will very often be the case for any tournie that GW funds/sanctions/promotes. Because they do it to promote their own model sales...why would they allow models that they don't sell in said tournies? :huh:

Yeah, but Ive seen this twisted into some very interesting ideas... like sprue melted down into home-cast components mixed in with reaper mini parts.

LOL! That's great. Did the mini look good at all?

I'll give you an example why I dislike that rule of % GW parts:

This Army is 100% legal, since it was made with 100% GW parts.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/369/img0129wn.jpg

This one is not legal since it only has the bases that are GW:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5130/20080804firstday0085.jpg

Don't get me wrong I'll do one of them in the future since I like the "(Insert other players army) VS Necron Fighting Polygon Team" idea. Along with the scrap yard Necrons. I would get a techpriest as a Necron lord. It would be an entire level of awesome.

lol! at the first picture. however i think it would be pushing the %GW Model/Component rulings a little too far - i for one don't consider bits of sprue as either a bit of model or a bit of component....... i'm not sure a tourney organiser would either.

but fair game for creativity!!

Yea, while awesome, I'm not sure the sprue-chunks would fly. They mean their models which they want painted and visible as advertisements for them. I don't think they'd lose sight of that, sadly. We have a player in our area who used sticks from his backyard to count-as wood elf treant-things...which he was disallowed from fielding at a tournie, I understand.

That said, I would totally play somebody fielding such an army.

Well if you pain them black, added some lights with bright colors such as in the Tron movie and green color for the guns, plus finish the base.

It would sure be an awesome and sneaky rules bending.

Sprue Necrons... funny. I like it.

3 colors, maybe find some of the Gauss neon plastic bits and wha-la.

Hell, write what they are and their weapons on the models. Warrior on its "chest", and Gauss rifle down the "barrel".

Archived