CC rule question

matt.k

So lets say my assault marines are in close combat with a squad of plauge marines with an attached chaos lord. By a grand miricle i win the combat by 3 wounds. Dose that mean that the squad of plauge marines has to save for 3 wounds and the chaos lord also has to save 3 wounds?

That is what I was told but i wanted to clarify

IIRC, the only time the character is actually not counted as part of the unit is when allocating attacks. Thus, since the unit takes the no retreat wounds, he is treated as just another model in it. Characters do not make leadership checks independent of their units, and this is no different.

I don't have a rulebook to hand, but I think the rule says "distributed as for shooting", which would imply that they were applied to the whole unit (inc. IC), not to the IC separately.

Once the combat actions are done, ie declairing attacks and figuring out wounds, your character, or your opponents character, is NOT an individual unit anymore.

ICs attached to a unit are a seperate unit only for the purposes of attack and being attacked, for combat resolution they are a part of the unit, bound to the results of their leadership tests if applicable, and included in their numbers for no retreat wounds if needed.

So then yes the lord would take 3 wounds and the squad would also take 3

Incorrect conclusion. The entire unit would take 3 wounds one of which could be allocated to the Lord since he is attached to the unit.

Now if for some reason the unit and IC were not attached before the assault (say one assaulted and a turn later the other assaulted) then each would be their own unit and each would suffer 3 wounds.

So then yes the lord would take 3 wounds and the squad would also take 3

Incorrect conclusion. The entire unit would take 3 wounds one of which could be allocated to the Lord since he is attached to the unit.

Now if for some reason the unit and IC were not attached before the assault (say one assaulted and a turn later the other assaulted) then each would be their own unit and each would suffer 3 wounds.

^ This.

It is confusing, but that's how it works. <3

Archived