Landspeeder firing arc

I have tried the search function, rulebook, codex. But I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

What are the fire arcs of the landspeeders weapons?

Let's take a HB/AC LS for reference. I would expect the Heavy Bolter to be able to fire the forward 45 degree up to 90 degrees to the right and the Assault Cannon in the forward 90 degree arc.

Usually this isn't much of a problem as landspeeders are 10 armor all around. However my flying landraider (Master of the Ravenwing) has F 14; S 14; R10 so I'd like to keep my rear facing away from the shootie stuff.

I've always imagined the weapon being comparable to the cannon on an Apache gunship for example. Hence my 90 degree fire arc, although I'd like it to be 180.

edit:

The BRB gives 4 weapon types:

-Turret mounted

-Pintle mounted

-Sponson mounted

-Hull mounted

The codex says it's "Chin mounted"

I've always played it that both weapons are hull-mounted. There's not really much point in using traversing mounts on a light vehicle with the Land Speeders mobility.

I've always played it that both weapons are hull-mounted. There's not really much point in using traversing mounts on a light vehicle with the Land Speeders mobility.

I used to play it like that aswell, untill I got the Master of the Ravenwing :huh:

Then it got me thinking and I can't find an 'official' ruling. Even my friends are divided on the issue.

Here's a kicker for you then - I have the old 2nd ed model, the underslung multimelta is apparently a 360 degree mount, while the top-mounted heavy flamer is definately hull-mounted.

Here's a kicker for you then - I have the old 2nd ed model, the underslung multimelta is apparently a 360 degree mount, while the top-mounted heavy flamer is definately hull-mounted.

then your multimetla has a 360 arc (unless a part of the model blocks its los) and te flamer has a 45.

Yes different models for vehicles WILL change the arcs, and thus how the vehicle operates.

Archived