How unfluffy is it?

I will state before asking this question that I did read the debate that was posed by several people here. I am still wondering if it was super unfluffy to run a DP in a WB army? Also how unfluffy is it to use some IW parts in there (no shoulder pads)? I'm very fluffy when it comes to stuff and would rather make a fluff correct army rather then making one that is competitive. I would rather like how my army is themed rather then just making a build to win.

My issue comes down to this. I have been working on my WB army for a long while and it was originally a IW army but I just wasn't feeling it after buying the parts of the army. I did this back at the apocalypse release and got the Doombringer Annihilation Force and the Big Spearhead box (I forget the name it was 20 marines some termies and a lot of tanks). I had also bought 2 boxes of CSMs that I was making into WB Marines. Due to time commitments I had never got too far in the IW dept but had the 2 squads of WB built and started to paint them. As such I had come to enjoy painting the WB and after some thinking wanted to make it all WB. The issue is that I had put some of the IW torsos on the minis and just want to make sure that using those bodies and some of the heads would be too objectionable. They would be painted in WB colors and have the proper shoulder pads.

As far as the DP I just love the model and how it looks. I have 3 different other DA models that I can take as well but just wondering how many objections there are to me taking that.

Thanks for the help and reading that

Mark

I'm not a WB's player but don't know why a WB could not assend to DP. They certainly have the connections to the warp and daemons and more faith them most. If IW's can assend to DP, and they don't "really" worship chaos and BL can assend to DP and they use chaos as a tool or weapon (or try to) then why would the super faithful, temple building, ceremony having, WB's not be able to assend ?

Also why would some IW's bits and pieces be a problem ? I don't think you would neven notice it when looking at the army as a whole, or even at a squad. It would be stupid not to use the models since you already have them. I mean they (IW's) are csm's, it's not like you're sticking eldar parts on there.

There's no fluff conflict at all. WB can have DP's just like anyone else. Also the GW Iron Warriors conversion kit just features a bunch of old armor marks (Mk 3 especially), it is perfectly fine for use in any Chaos legion as it is old armor that represents heresy veterans of all kinds, not just Iron Warriors.

If any legion has the right to field Daemon Princes its the Word bearers. Lorgar is a Daemon Prince and i think Kor'phaeron is aswell.

In C:CSM it says the word bearers have one of the highest percentages of possessed in any Chaos force. They are the most devoted and fanatical and see daemonic possession as the ultimate act of faith.

The IW torsos should be fine. it just adds variety. go for it.

I'm backing up what everyone else has mentioned so far.

The Iron Warrior torsos will look very unique and effective on the Word Bearers so definately role with it! And as for the Daemon Prince i too think it is fluffy for a Word Bearers lord to be granted daemonhood, i mean come on, 10,000 years of zealous faith and preaching, if they cant reach daemonhood then no one can!!

DP- fine.

IW bits- should be fine. Torso and heads would be fine. Now if you have the warsmith model running around with 3 different IW insignias on his body that might raise questions.

But those are the only parts besides the shoulder pads that actually have IW markings on them, the warsmiths combi-melta, his chest, and his shoulder pad above his bionic arm.

Thanks that helps a lot. I figured the IW parts were just older armor marks. I do not plan on using the warsmith model no matter how awesome it is. My Dark Apostle in pa is a chaplain that I have slightly converted to serve the gods of the aether. I never shoulder padded anything so no one has IW markings on them. That aside thank you all I just really like the dp model that the CSM range has and want him in my army. I just like fluffy stuff and want to make an army more to established fluff. Any other pointers would be nice.

Archived