rhino top hatch

khurdur

How many models can shoot out of the top hatch of a rhino? 1 or 2?

I play chaos and BT...in the BT codex it specifies 2, while in the chaos 'dex it doesn't specify..

Is it 1 or 2 for them?

oh and hurricane bolters....do they count as defensive weapons?

Defensive weapons are any weapons with a Strength of 4 or less. Since Hurricane Bolters fit this description, the answer is yes.

This means your Land Raider Crusader can move 6" and fire EVERY gun on it. =)

Defensive weapons are any weapons with a Strength of 4 or less. Since Hurricane Bolters fit this description, the answer is yes.

nice........

I smell dead orks/gaunts/spacemarines/tau....insert approriate answer

nice........

I smell dead orks/gaunts/spacemarines/tau....insert approriate answer

Yea, a LRC has fire power that's equivalent to a full tactical squad...and at only 50 more points it's a transport too. :)

It is worth noting that while the BT LRC can shoot everything one of the heavy weapons will be firing with BS 2.

It is worth noting that while the BT LRC can shoot everything one of the heavy weapons will be firing with BS 2.

Yea, that is true; old-style Power of the Machine Spirit is not as smart as the newer version.

the templars have been left technologically behind.....

the ones who invented the LRC....

Thay have been on crusade and have not had time to upload the most recent patch.

Ok I'm pretty sure I'm right but I want to double check because this seems to almost border on the silly.

LRC has TL Auto cannon and 2 hurricane bolters on each side. That means 4 st6 ap4 shots from the AC, and 9 st5 ap4 shots from each hurricane bolter.

If they're loaded with what I have, 5 AoBR termies with storm bolters, and a librarian with a storm bolter. I can move the LRC forward 6" and disembark the unit, who can then fire 12 st4 ap5 shots from their storm bolters. Then can also then move 6" and assault, because the LRC is an assault transport, and the SB's are assault weapons...

So I can in one round do the following.

18 st5, 4 st6, and 12 st4 shots, for a total of 34 possible wounds, before launching an assault with another possible 18 wounds from CC. In theory I could inflect 52 wounds in one round... Of course that's not going to happen odds are way to high. But it's fun to think of anyway. :)

All good apart from Hurricane bolters are only S4, same as Bolters and Storm bolters, and the two sponsons combines only kick out 6 or 12 shots depending on if your target is within rapid fire range or not... And its Assault Cannons, not Autocannons (a small thing, and fairly obvious what you meant, but as an auto is actually a completely different weapon it pays to get it right to prevent misunderstandings).

And you forgot to add a pintle-mounted storm bolter and a multimelta which gives you a maximum total no of shots of 14 S4/AP5, 4 S6/AP4 and 1 S8/AP1 just from the landraider (assuming target is within 12" of sponsons), so thats 19 shots from the tank plus the 12 shots from the squad, plus assaulting which gives you a potential for 18 attacks (assuming you charge, and the Librarian is in Terminator armour so no additional attack for 2 CCW's).

49 wounds total from the squad you describe., though you could add to that if the terminators had a cyclone missile launcher, or the Librarian cast smite instead of shooting his SB (additional 2 shots for each of these). Avenger could add an indeterminate number of shots assuming the target was bunched up and close enough for the template to hit a lot of them.

Just a few thoughts. Now imagine doing that to a large Ork mob...

and the two sponsons combines only kick out 6 or 12 shots depending on if your target is within rapid fire range or not...

Thanks for catching that...

But I'm confused. A hurricane bolter is 3 twin-linked Heavy bolters no? A TLHB can fire 3 rounds a turn, and re-role the misses. So that's 3 TLHB x 3 per sponson, or 9 shots per side... Rapidfire doesn't figure into it, HB's are heavy weapons, not rapid fire, right?

no hurricane bolters are 3 twin linked bolters, as in the standard weapon a marine carries. rapid fire, str 4 guns.

there is a land raider with 2 twin-linked heavy bolters on it but its a forgeworld variant (and has no other weapons).

also your unit would not be able to move once it had disembarked (unless the vehicle had stayed stationary). the unit could still assault as it is an assault vehicle but it can't move further. i may have misread what you were saying so apologies if that isn't what yu were saying.

also terminators are able to move and fire any weapon as they have the 'relentless' special rule, so even an assault canon or cyclone missile launcher (heavy weapons) would not prevent the squad from assaulting after shooting them.

no hurricane bolters are 3 twin linked bolters

I've read that part of the Codex maybe 8 times and I always inserted Heavy in there for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.

also your unit would not be able to move once it had disembarked

also terminators are able to move and fire any weapon as they have the 'relentless' special rule

Yeah I know :) I guess I worded my first post badly. I didn't mean move 6" then move another 6" as part of an assault. But rather the LRC could move 6 inches, the terminators could get out and then move 6" as part of an assault.

I was almost sure that Relentless meant you were treated as if you didn't move/fire... So they can assault no mater what. But I wasn't completely sure and didn't want to bother looking it up. Plus relentless or not, they can still assault because the Storm bolters are assault weapons. So either way they can shoot and assault.

Thanks to everyone for pointing out where my mistakes were. So it's not quite as many attacks as I had thought, but it's still fun to think of rolling that many dice in one round. :)

I was almost sure that Relentless meant you were treated as if you didn't move/fire... So they can assault no mater what. But I wasn't completely sure and didn't want to bother looking it up. Plus relentless or not, they can still assault because the Storm bolters are assault weapons. So either way they can shoot and assault.

Yes, relentless = you don't count as having moved for the purposes of shooting rapid-fire or heavy weapons, and you can assault in the same round. Think: Terminators, Dreadnoughts, and Bike Marines. :P

Relentless allows you to fire rapid fire and heavy weapons as if you were stationary, and may assualt after using said weapons. Any other assualt restrictions will still aply (such as no assault after deep strike, or no assault from a moving vehicle, or using an ordnance weapon) unless there is a different special rule also acting on those restrictions (such as assault ramps or heroic intervention)

Archived