WIP Land Raider Ares

Greetings Brothers!

In between the Call of the Imperium project I have started, I decided to expand the heavy armour of my 1st Company list, and so have started working on three new land raiders, the first of which being an Ares.

Inspired by the excellent conversions of the tank on this very site, I have begun my work in earnest.

For those who are interested, the army list this will be part of is listed here: LINKAGE

See the very WIP shot below:

gallery_289_4851_92951.jpg

Nice! I like where this is goin my friend. The turret a-cannon looks like it would really work since the front will be so massive, and the spear-shaped shield is an interesting twist. I'd like to see the shield a little higher though, so mabe cut it in half and lengthen it with plasticard?

Keeping an eye on this one;)

Cheers!

UPDATE:

Here's an updated photo - the model is mostly complete, just need to neaten up some of it with green stuff and then add the decorative parts, Salamander hides, purity seals, burning braziers, that sort of thing, and it should be ready for painting.

gallery_289_4851_83953.jpg

Cheers Abaddon, though my take on it was that the front hatch would be retained to allow the techmarines to fix the demolisher cannon. Space Marine equipment tends to be modular, so I see it entirely possible for the demolisher cannon to be easily removed for cleaning, repairs, maintenance, etc.

I plan to paint chevrons and such on that section to show this - hopefully they'll turn out okay! :)

This is looking really good and quite the unique take on the Ares - could we have a picture of the back? I'd be interested to see what and how you have mounted the engine.

Archived