M2C's Crusades

gallery_24723_1736_124279.jpg

Cador

I wanted Cador to just look badass. Like SGM Plumley fro We were Soldiers. Someone you dont want to screw with. THe book describes him as slowly losing his edge due to injury and age, so I gave him a powerfist. A weapon that would only require his strength, which is likely never to fade, over agility.

gallery_24723_1736_399334.jpg

Bastilan

Bastilan is the middle child of the squad, and to emphasize the 'redshirt' feel his pose is similar to that of standard marines, and when painted he will have suitable amounts of red on his armor <_< .

gallery_24723_1736_181423.jpg

Nerovar

I wanted to convey Nerovar's relative naivety in his stance. Moving forward, head raised skyward, no weapon hand to the front, sword lowered.

gallery_24723_1736_72835.jpg

Priamus

For Priamus I though to myself, 'what would scare the crap out of me if I was a heretic'. The idea of an enemy so unthreatened by you he doesn't even bother to raise his shield. Stalking slowly forward as if bored. I wanted to convey a sense of arrogance and confidence in the way he is posed.

gallery_24723_1736_135420.jpg

Artarion

I thought it would be appropriate if he was posed 'at rest' to kind of bring a 'non-chalant' feel to the would-be comic. He is the only unhelmeted marine in the squad to show off the face ruining wounds he received taking that sniper shot for Grimaldus.

The mold lines have since been cleaned, and the part glued into place. Whenever I can get some autoprimer I will be back with painting in progress updates. With a better camera too.

Very nice minis M2C! I'm a big fan of the pose you've worked up for Priamus, he just oozes nonchalant confidence and utter lethality, as if he slaughters heretics with contemptuous ease.

What legs did you use for him, and are his backpack exhausts thunder hammer heads? Beautiful work brother! Dorn smiles today indded!

Brother_Kaelgrim: Indeed, he is already the farthest along. I seem to have lost his backpack though, so a suitable replacement will need to be fashioned...

I'll put better pictures up when I have a camera that isn't on a phone.

Darth: Your gonna like it.

++++

I am unsure of how to proceed. I have an Emperor's Champion, pics of which can be found elsewhere on the BnC and the Ammobunker, but I want do build a unique model for Bayard. I already have the Torso and Legs made, but they will require some greenstuff for sure.

I was thinking along putting his arms and helmet like this guy. Since he is in such a badass pose.

What does anyone think?

A suggestion for Bayard, I would see him in a very relaxed pose compared to most ECs. He seemed to be a real laid back sort of marine, took everything in stride and bolstered the men's morale.

The way his body is posed is not in a combat stance, but instead as if he is waiting for his next opponent. I am thinking of using the new Sanguinary Guard two handed sword arms for him, with the custom helmet. I just need to find a Chaos helmet with appropriate horns to turn into the wing thingies.

I don't have the novel but the poses as you've made them are jiving quite well with the snippets of description you've provided for the characters. Perhaps one of the Warhammer Chaos Knight helmets would give you something suitable to work off of for Bayard's teutonic look?

Hehe. I was wondering how long it would be before seeing members of the Helsreach Crusade on here.

These guys are looking fab, looking forward to seeing how you go with them!

gallery_24723_1736_150576.jpg

Bayard, Champion of the Emperor.

I went with the more relaxed pose, sword held downward, Lantern in his off hand. The Model need the leg joins Green Stuffed and a few more mold lines taken off, then it'll be ready for Primer.

gallery_24723_1736_187953.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_174577.jpg

gallery_24723_1736_212245.jpg

Latest 15 Crusaders. Only about 15 more to go.

Full list is below:

Grimaldus

Squad Grimaldus

Bayard

Crusader Squad A (10)

Crusader Squad B (10)

Crusader Squad C (10)

Crusader Squad D (10)

Crusader Squad E (10)

Crusader Squad F (10)

Crusader Squad G (10)

Assault Squad A (10)

Assault Squad B (10)

Assault Squad C (10)

Vehicles:

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Crusader

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Several of the Squads can be broken into Fire Teams for Apocalypse games, when I run them with allied Steel Legion, to represent the Squads that were dispersed out amongst the Hive to bolster the defenses and help morale. Assault Squad A can make two bike squads of 3 with Attack Bikes.

White= WIP

Red= PIP

Blue= Complete

• 3 months later...
This was one of my favorite threads as I have always loved Templars... any new news, painted pics, or updates on this crusade? I am especially interested in the command squad miniatures you made from the book as I am sure they would look great painted.

Archived