Sorceror Base Size

Quick question,

When taking into account all the powers (and their ranges) available to the Chaos Sorceror, would it be viable to put a converted Sorceror on a 40mm (terminator) scenic base?

While it would be for looks primarily, rules-wise I am leaning towards yes, despite the argument that it 'must be placed on the base it was supplied with'.

Isn't the rule that you can base him on any base of "equal or bigger size than the base he was supplied with"? Most characters nowadays are even supplied with a 40mm base. I say go for it ;)

My sorcerer is on a 40 mm base, mostly because he is on a homemade Disk of Tzeentch, and putting him on a 25 mm base was stupid when the disk was larger than the base (actually, the disk is still slightly larger than the base but it works ok).

I did not make this decision due to game play, he's mostly a close combat sorcerer anyway (Warptime and Wind of Chaos as powers)

I have done this. It's a double edged sword, but I find myself on the losing end gameplay wise, but it looks darn cool.

You'll find that big shiny base just attracts a lot of attention and while I always am watching my opponent 'try' to occupy anyone in hand to hand that he can, my big base usually gets double/triple teamed. It will happen.

That being said I don't think it's a game killer. I wouldn't change back... but that's just me.

Archived