Pre heresy Thousand Sons

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I like the red. It has a nice, muted quality to it and while it doesn't strictly fit with the fluffy artwork of Magnus' sons I think it does add a mystical look to the mini's which is exactly what you want for Thousand Sons. Perhaps the continued immersion in warp energies has dulled the once vivid red if these Astartes armour, or maybe they've been conducting operations on a planet(s) with a highly corrosive atmosphere recently....

I also have to say that I really like the sourced lighting you've done for the Pyrae's fireballs. It's something I really want to try but have yet to have the opportunity to. Back on topic though, yours complements the mini's and the fire effects very well :P

Nice work so far, looking forward to seeing those RT era tanks and dreadnought painted up....

James

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I like the red. It has a nice, muted quality to it and while it doesn't strictly fit with the fluffy artwork of Magnus' sons I think it does add a mystical look to the mini's which is exactly what you want for Thousand Sons. Perhaps the continued immersion in warp energies has dulled the once vivid red if these Astartes armour, or maybe they've been conducting operations on a planet(s) with a highly corrosive atmosphere recently....

Agreed, the read looks awesome. the directional lighting is amazing too, good work with everything.

one thing though, im not sure you actually have to use the RT era tanks since the SCT for Rhinos/Predators/Land Raiders/Vindicators has changed very little since their creation.

DM

Archived